Tuesday, June 2, 2015

1 Farewell Hungary

>
> Whelp, here it is: The Final Email.
> It's been a good week. Saying all the goodbyes was terrible, but I made it through. Now I just have to say goodbye to one member and a bunch of missionaries and I'll be set!
> This week we had splits with the sisters from Szolnok. It was good. Then the next day we celebrated Sister Simons' birthday. Saturday was Sára's baptism. She's not even my investigator and I totally started crying. But then I was tear-free on Sunday. After church they had a big potluck lunch. It was perfect because I got to eat my last rakott krumpli and take pictures with a bunch of people.
> Yesterday was the worst. I said goodbye to Domonkos Zsuzsa, Tábori Zsuzsa, and András. I will miss them so much. I also got a really sweet letter and chocolate bar from Kíra, the former Sister Kovács. I was so touched and also so sad to leave. I will miss her so much.
> Tonight we are having zsíros kenyér (bread with fat) with Barnabás because I've never tried it before and then I will say goodbye to him too. So sad. This morning we went and saw some cool Roman ruins. Hopefully I can do one or two more things before I go. We supposedly have some time tomorrow. I have to have my luggage in by noon, and then I will have an interview in the afternoon, and then we have to be back by five for them to do some sort of departing ceremony. We (the sisters) will be staying in a hotel and then getting up at 3 to leave.
> I've loved my mission, every bit. I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I am ready to go home. I'll always be grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission. Hungary is a part of me now. I'll always miss it.
> I know that Christ lives and that because of His Atonement we can be happy. I have witnessed many people changing their lives with His help. It is amazing. It is a miracle.
> Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and support. I couldn't have made it through without you. Looking forward to seeing all of you on the other side.
> Sok szeretettel,
> Naegle nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment