So where to start this week..... We have anew investigator, Valeria. She's 12 years old and looks about like a seven year old would in my family. I'm pretty sure Ruthy Gleason is taller than her :) Anyways she's really sweet. her parents are members but are separated (though not legally) and she lives with her mom and her stepdad. Anyways she's super interested and her baptismal date is the 15 of March! We've only had two lessons with her and the last one we had her say the closing prayer and she prayed for me. it was really sweet although I'm not quite sure what she was asking for because all she said was ''pida por Naegle'' Which the direct translation is ''ask for Naegle''. I'm pretty sure she thought that Naegle was my first name too and it was way funny because she asked me like twenty times before she prayed how to pronounce it so I wrote it our for her on a sticky note like this ''Negli''.
Well yesterday we had 17 less actives attend church! Most importantly the family that had been having their own Santa Cena in their house every week came! yay! we have made so much progress with the less actives in the ward its really been our mission here to work with them.
So about baptisms. Apparently our mission hasn't been doing super well with baptsims lately. Our President had a meeting with the Area 70 and Elder Oaks and they have told us that we need to increase our faith and that if we do we can have a baptism every single week and thats our goal as a mission. Well this starts in March so expect a baptsim from me every single week!
Well our Menos Activo Josimar has started his mission papers!!!! We are so excited for him he has progressed so much and I'm pretty sure he bought a new suit especially for church! He wants to serve a mission so bad and he has a goal to quit smoking by the end of next week.
We have a new invesitgator Luis Munoz. He was an Antiguo Investigator from the Elders before us, who we had met with once before but he was super drunk and so we dropped him. But he came to church two weeks ago and he hadn't had alcohol for two weeks so we've started teaching him again. And he is so different when he's not drunk. His story is really sad and he really wants this gospel and he's super humble. Pray that he's able to resist wine. He gets lonely and its really hard for him. So pray that he never has the chance to feel lonely. We text him scriptures to help him stay positive.
He also has a friend Katie who's really interested as well but she doesn't live in our area. And we had a rough experience with another investigator who didn't live in our area and we have learned the importance of respecting area boundaries. So God decided to test us with Katie. Well we told her yesterday that we couldn't teach her and we referred her to the sisters in her area. It started off rough because she's gone to her own ward but she says that she doesn't feel the same in her own ward as she does in this ward, and that she likes our ward better. Hna. Leija was talking to her and she really wasn't having it and I was just praying in my head that God would help us because we really need to be obedient and only teach those in our area. I jumped in the conversation and told her that God is perfect therefore His church is a church of order. Also that this church is a church of authority given from God. I told her that we didn't have the authority to teach her or recieve revelation for her because she's not in our area and that its because God loves us that His church is so organized. I promised her that if she attended her own ward and recieved the lessons from the missionaries in her area that she would feel the same Spirit there as well. Anyways you could really see it click in her mind after that and she agreed to meet with the sister in her own area and we set up an appointment for tomorrow. It was really cool because I could feel the Spirit actually telling me what to say. I love that feeling because you know that you're doing the right thing and you can just drop all you fears and talk.
In total we had 17 menos activos and 5 investigators attend church!
Well thank you all for your prayers and your love! and most importantly for your Faith! which is the key to everything in this work.
Les amo,
Hermana Naegle
We also have some interesting last names in our ward: Paniagau which is bread and water or La Santa Cena (apostasia!) Lechuga or Lettuce and Cuyo or throat, as in your neck.
1. Paniagua - This sign is everywhere and I've taken it as a reminder that the church is true. chistes.
2. My feet puff up a little by the end of the day and I have some sweet tan lines!
3. This family has 11 cats. I was covered in hair after we left. ew.
No comments:
Post a Comment