Monday, May 25, 2015

3

      Wow, this week was intense!! We were asked to give a training (during zone training) on the power of the spirit in conversion, specifically on how the missionary, investigator, and member are supposed to feel for conversion to take place. We used the story of Ammon and King Lamoni as an example of how all of the above should feel and it was really fun. It turned out well and was actually pretty instructive.
      During that same zone training I had to give my departing testimony and even though I was a little nervous it went really well. I didn't really know what to say but I got up there it all just flowed. I thought I might cry but I didn't at all. Two nights before, however, I did cry after one of our programs. And thus the crying and mourning officially began. The day after that I got a really great priesthood blessing from Elder Peterson and that really helped alot.
      Two or three nights ago I read a story about a sister missionary who got to her mission and wanted to go home because it was so hard. Then by the end she didn't know how she could bear to leave the people. My companion came out of the other room to find me totally in tears and then I just bawled for a little while. My poor companion. It's not easy to be the companion of someone who is going home soon. She is soo nice to me!
       But anyway, on Saturday we taught a lesson to our favorite investigator András.
András is a really cool professor with whom we have been meeting for about two months. He started coming for English but got interested in the gospel. He knows it's true but he is scared for some reason and we haven't been able ot figure out his concern. This weekend a member of the Seventy came to visit and we set it up to have him come to András's lesson. We were so worried that it wouldn't go well but it was amazing. Our mission president came too and it was cool because in the middle of the lesson President said, "András, I know what your concern is! You don't want to be misled." And we all looked at András and he said that yes, that was his concern. It was really cool and now we know where to go with András.
      That same day was the baptism of one of the elders' investigators. It was the boyfriend of one of the members and everyone has been looking forward to it for a long time. I had to play the piano for it (including interlude music) and I was nervous but it went just fine. Before the baptism we streeted in the park and got two phone numbers. Yes!!
      Working with Elder Leimer was a really neat experience and I think I will name one of my children after him- Axel. Coolest name ever. And then I will name the other one Lowell after my mission president. And then I will name all the rest weird Hungarian names. At first when President texted me the name Axel Leimer I thought maybe he was dyslexic and that his name was really Alex Liemer. But then we found out that he was from Germany and everything made sense. 
      Yesterday we had dinner at the Bagozzi's with the Petersons. It was really fun! I love all four of them soooo much and I will miss them a lot. They are all really good examples for me. In fact, not to get cheesy or anything but they are my heroes.
      Today we hiked up to the highest point in Budapest with some of the elders and the Petersons. It was great fun and we took a lot of neat pictures.
      Well, here's to two-and-a-half more weeks in Paradise! Part of me wants to just go home now and get it over with but the rest of me is glad to be here for as long as I get to be here.
Hope you all have a great week!!
Love,
Naegle nővér


No comments:

Post a Comment