Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ashlyn....Nov. 23rd

We've actually heard quite a bit about the typhoon in the Philippines. One of the Hermanas in the District read a letter from her friend's mom about her daughter who was there. Probably in the same place as Jordan. It was miraculous that they survived. Their apartment flooded and they had to climb out onto their roof to stay alive. Then they had to hold on for their lives to keep from being blown off. After the typhoon the people started going crazy and there were gun shots everywhere. A member of the church who had a plane recognized the missionaries and that they were trying to get out and made several trips to fly them out. It was an amazing story we all cried when we heard it. Thats so touching about Jordan. I hope he's alright and that he'll be able to go back out on his mission. 
I have to apologize about not sending a letter last week. I have repented and I'm sending several out today. 
Also thank you so much for the camera! I've taken a couple pictures but I will send them to you next week. I want to get one with my entire district first. 
So about my leg I just strained it lunging for the ball in 4 square. It's not a big deal but the doctor wanted to send me in for some physical therapy. It only hurts really bad after gym so I figured I would take care of it before it turned into something worse. When the lady called you I was in the room and I heard your voice! I had to really control myself to not grab the phone and talk to you. I almost shouted out that I was there but that wouldn't have been professional. It made me a little homesick for the rest of the day but not too bad. Elder Harrell bought me a Twix to make me feel better.  He's one of our zone leaders.
I would love some ortho sport. My back is really tight and I think that I just need to start massaging it before I strain my back as well. Also some lemon oil would be great and peace and calming. I'm not sleeping very well and I keep waking up. I've been praying that I won't be tired. I still wake up during the night but I'm not as tired during the day. 
My companion and I have bonded over a trial that we both have. I have found that if I just take time to talk to just her she's OK for when I talk to others. She is definitely a type four. Imagine a grown up female version of Jacob....She is really great though and I do love her a lot. I have been seeing the reasons why we are companions lately and its given me courage. I do miss my alone time. That's probably the hardest part about having to be in a companionship I can never just be in a room by myself which as you know I really like to do :) . 
So our meals are all really early so by the time we get back to our apartment we are starving! If you could send some snack foods that would be great! I would love some cheddar sun chips they're my favorite...

Well expect some letters in the mail! I love you all so much!
Hermana Naegle

1 comment: