Thanks for the email. The part about Jared made me almost cry! That is so sweet of him, he has such strong faith for a six year old. Its been really good here. We have one classroom where we spend most of our time. Its in an apartment bedroom and is tiny. It gets really hot in there despite how cold it is outside.
We taught our first investigator last night. She's really nice and we committed her to praying twice a day. Tonight we're going to commit her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.
What I need now is to be able to understand Spanish so that when I teach I know what they're asking and how to address their needs.
I also really need my temple recommend its in my temple bag that should be in our room. Tell Katelyn that I'm super happy that she found shoes and that I'm looking forward for her to be here even though we might not see each other. Tell her that they keep you busy enough to not get homesick. Even though I think about you everyday I don't desire to go home. I know that I'm supposed to be here even though its really hard and I don't have time to just sit and take in the day. At least we have daily planing sessions and I know what I'm doing and when, which is really nice.
I was wondering if you could also send me bobby pins?
Well since you asked for lots of daily details here are some of them:
I had biscuits and gravy for breakfast. the hot chocolate tastes funny. we went to go do our laundry and realized we didn't have any detergent, if you could send that I would appreciate it! I have to go see the "nurse" about getting my last Twinrix shot, but it was closed this morning, Its very cold and I'm glad i brought both my new jacket and by blue leather one. You do need your scriptures on the first day so tell Katelyn to bring them, she can send them home if she buys new smaller ones but its very embarrasing to not have scriptures. Spanish is coming. I'm making flashcards. I figure if I make a million flashcards I can learn a million words! So we'll see how that works out, right now I have about twenty. The hardest thing for me is understading what others are saying, but even that is starting to get a liitle better. My companion is really good at it. I have to plan district meetings twice a week and I have to ask people to give prayers and to "facilitate the conversation". I have a meeting thats supposed to train me on my responsibilites as the Sister Training Leader tomorrow. I don't know if my companion is supposed to come with me or hook up with another companionship. our district consists of eight sisters. Me and Hermana Ashbocker share and apartment with Hermanas Newbold y Ford. They are really really nice. I've been so blessed to be surrounded by amazing sisters. Our district gets along really well. WE have a lot of fun together and we've all said how sad we are that we won't see much of eachother outside the MTC. Right now 18 months seems like forever, but I know that it as fly by. These first three days have already flown by. Our teacher, Hermano Salisburry says he's really impressed with us. he's funny and sarcastic, but he's really good at teaching. he knows that he can't just tell us everything that we have to find it out for ourselves. He won't let us take anything except our scriptures into our discussions with Juana (our investigator) And Kyle Chipman (did I tell you that he's here? I've talked to him a couple times. He was really excited to see me. His spanish is ALOT better than mine, but he has been here for two weeks more than me) says that he can tkae whatever he wants! and other missionarios that I have tlaked to say the same thing.
I can say a simple prayer and bear a simple testimony in spanish. Each time it gets easier and I'm surprised that they're not always the same I am somehow able to say different things each time. They are still very very short but you can still feel the spirit.
Well I love you all!!!!! Adios!
Hermana Naegle
,
Tell everyone that I love them and that I think about them. Give Jared some snuggles for me and tell Jacob that I'm glad he's my brother.
My P-days are Saturdays so that's when I will be emailing.
No comments:
Post a Comment