I am lucky because I haven't struggled with homesickness. Some of the missionaries here have a really hard time the first week. I saw Ashlyn again though, and I totally cried a little. We were so excited and I was trying to find everyone in my district so they could meet her. They all think that we look exactly alike. What!?
Anyway, the food here is totally fine. I was worried before I came but there are always fairly healthy options and I'm pretty sure I've lost weight. We get to work out for an hour each day so I always try to make it count. And I'm buff!! I've been trying to learn how to do the machines. And on one of them (a leg press, I think?) you can only go up to 400 lbs and since that's what the elders were going for i decided to see how high I could get and I got to 380. Super proud of myself.
One miracle I've had is that I haven't had any problems with low blood sugar, which is amazing. There isn't really time to eat a snack in between meals but I haven't had a problem. I have a testimony that when you follow the rules, the Lord blesses you to be able to do everything. I am learning Hungarian, but it definitely takes faith every time we have to teach a lesson in Hungarian. I was feeling pretty bad about how I was doing during lessons so I finally talked to my teacher about it and she made me feel a lot better. I'm a lot more motivated now to learn everything I can.
I love being a missionary. I am already so sad that I only have 18 months. I love learning and the spirit comes so quickly here whenever you invite it. Personal study is one of my favorite things. I have had more insights into the scriptures in the last week than I have had in months! The Gospel is real. None of us would be able to do this if we didn't have a testimony. I can feel Heavenly Father helping me through every step of every day. I love you and I hope you are having a wonderful time getting ready for the holidays. Hope to hear from you soon!
Much Love,
Sister Naegle
P.S. Tell the YW thank you for the package. It was SO fun to get it. Everyone was jealous. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment