Well the highlight of this week was hearing Csaba pray. We're not really sure how this happened, but somehow he has lived his whole life without really learning anything about God. He believes in God, but other than that we get to teach him everything. It's pretty cool, actually. I think he may have a learning disability or something and it is hard for him to read. The only prophet he knew about before we taught him was Moses and I think sometimes when he gets nervous he just spits out answers. For example, we taught him the Godhead and then later I wanted to make sure he understood and remembered so I asked him what he had learned so far about the Godhead and he said, "Well, there's God, Jesus, and...uh...Moses." It was super funny and I almost died laughing. Later in the lesson we asked him who the first person on the earth was and he said, "Well, that was Jesus, no?" And once again I almost died laughing. But I tried to reassure him that it is totally fine to not know everything and that is why we are here as missionaries to help people learn. Anyway, at the end of the lesson he finally prayed. We've taught him how to pray and asked him to pray lots of times but he usually just gets really quiet and just doesn't do anything so we eventually just pray ourselves. But this time he actually went for it and it was the most beautiful little prayer!! I was so proud of him. So it's slow with him, but good.
Naegle nővér
Another great thing is that more and more I am able to see answers to specific prayers that I offer. My testimony that if we truly act in faith we can receive answers is really growing. It's not just something I say to people on the street or at the door (or window since this is Hungary). It is a true principle that I experience in my life and that anyone can experience in his or her life. I am so grateful for prayer and for a loving Heavenly Father who listens to our prayers and answers them.
I hope you are all having a wonderful week. Take care and enjoy the summer!!
Love, I hope you are all having a wonderful week. Take care and enjoy the summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment