....was pretty great. This will be a short update because I have had horrible luck with the computers today. Every one I have tried has been atrocious.
We split with the sisters from Békéscsaba, which was really fun because I served with Sister Williamson in Debrecen and I adore her. He spoke in English and told us he belonged to the Faith Church (although when he said it he said "face church" because Hungarians can't say the "th" sound in faith haha) and we were like "oh, that's nice!" and he continued. He talked about how he had been converted and how he had been cured of his pornography addiction and all these things that were actually really wonderful.
We were excited to talk with him about religion and all the things we agreed on but just then he started talking about their meetings and how they cast devils out of each other, among other things. And then I translated faith church in my head and realized...duh duh duh! Hit gyülekezet!!! NOooo! (They are insane but really nice. Kind of like Mormons I guess.) I've heard that they are the only church here where the missionaries aren't allowed to attend their meetings. Probably because they feel the spirit fill them with fire and they believe that every sin is actually a devil that must be cast out of you. Anyway, we talked for a while and shared our message and asked him to read a verse out of the Book of Mormon but he was not having any of that. He was pretty obviously afraid of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment