Friday, February 20, 2015

Naegle Nover: I love Buda February 17th

  We had a great week this week. We split with the sisters from Szeged, so I got to split with Sister Erlandsson and the new missionary that she is training. I served with Sister E in the MTC and in Érd so it was fun to have the old team back together again. We also had a zone training which was pretty good as far as zone trainings go since it was both entertaining and instructive.
      Our investigator named Krisztián unfortunately did not get baptized on Saturday, but he is back on track with a new baptismal date. We were finally able to figure out his concern. He said that he sees the light in all the members and he feels like he doesn't have that light. (Which is actually true since he doesn't have the Gift of the Holy Ghost yet.) He was also really worried that the members would judge him because he hasn't been to church in a while. We calmed his fears and he committed to come to church and I am happy to report that he had a wonderful experience. The members were really nice to him and he is going to sing in the choir starting next week.
     Our investigator Lívia is doing great! In three lessons' time she has kind of started to believe in God. And she even tried praying at home although she said it felt super "false" to her. So we are working with her and I think she is doing amazingly considering she was a cold hard atheist before.
      Yesterday we had the best lesson with a former investigator who apparently was going to get baptized but wouldn't give up coffee and such. Since I am new I took advantage of the opportunity to ask her a bunch of questions and she said that she absolutely believes the Book of Mormon is true and that she wants to be baptized. Since the last time the sisters met with her she quit coffee and now she is working on the other challenge, which is that she lives with her ex-husband. I am soooo excited to work with her.
      Since we stacked a lot of programs on the day we had splits, we had a couple of days of straight finding. We were feeling kind of worn and bummed about it, but on the second day we decided to go tract a building where we had unsuccessfully tried to look up an inactive member a few days before. To our suprise, someone actually buzzed us into the building and when we went up to the door we discovered that it was a man who many years ago had met with the missionaries. We had a nice lesson with him and he said we could come back. It wasn't really a huge deal, but to us it meant a lot and gave us the motivation to keep going.
      Heavenly Father loves us all a lot, and He sometimes pushes us a little farther than we would like to go, but He always sends us help. I am so grateful for His love and for the opportunity that I have to serve a mission and tell people about Him.
      Hope you all have a wonderful week! Much love,
      Naegle nővér



No comments:

Post a Comment