Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hermana Naegle: Williams and seaturtles February 2nd

Soooo We had another baptism! His name is Williams Santos Sojo Garcia.  just love that they named him Williams with an ''s''. very classy every time I say ''lets go see Williams'' I feel like we're about to go visit the prince of England.
There are so many things that happen i the wee and I always think '' hey I'll write about that in my letter Monday'' and then I get here in front of the computer and I forget it all.
But I d remember something that I forgot to tell you all the last time. About two weeks ago we ate SEA TURTLE. it was really good and rather illegal. But in our defense we are in Mexico.... Just kidding. In our defense we had no idea what it was until after we had eaten it. I thought it was beef stew that tasted a bit like the sea... I was really good. like super delicious.
Hmmmmm what else... oh yeah. yesterday we were contacting in the town square when the dude who runs the Foosball games came up to me and started freaking out because we had cards with images of Christ on them that it was like worshiping idols. He kept yelling at us to read Exodus 20. and then he left and came back ad yelled at us some more and told us that we actually didn't need our Bible to preach, we just needed to pray to God to open our mouths and let the Holy Spirit flow through us because that's how the Bible teaches us to do it.... it made no sense. he then called us hypocrites and started bashing the catholic church. We thought it was pretty funny.  He was talking so fast tha I really don't think he was breathing. 
Luis is getting baptized this Saturday. we're pretty excited. He's 26 and he's the son in law of the branch president here in San Blas.
We're hoping that Camilla will get baptized the following week. She has all the lessons and wants to get baptized but she just needs permission from her grandmother.
We have a new investigator Yamileth. She's awesome. She really smart She has a lot of questions but I've ever seen anyone understand the restoration that fast. We've only taught her once but went back to make another appointment and she told us that she's reading her book of Mormon and that she has a lot of questions. Please please please pray that she will come to church! and also Irma!!!! she needs to come to church!!!! and also pray for the Sojo family that they will understand the sacrament and become active again.
well that's about all I can remember. Also its raining like crazy here. They say that it is a cold front that's coming in. But it unusual because its not the rainy season. But it is a nice break from the hot sun. every thing is cool and I'm using a scarf.
I'll try to send some pictures of the baptisms we've had but I've had a hard time loading them on these computers here.
Oh yeah we also had interviews with our mission president. They went really well.
Love you all!
Hermana Naegle
  


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment