Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Katelyn: Week 8 Which is really week 9 because this is it!!


Well, I started packing last night and even though I am so sad to leave this happy little place with nice teachers to help with Hungarian and awesome devotionals every week and great friends, I am jumping to leave!!! I don't like suspense and I just want to get there and see how hard it is really going to be. I think the first week will be killer but after a few weeks hopefully I will be able to adjust. I know that I can't speak well at all, but I have a lot of faith that the Savior will help me as I try to do what is right and just open my mouth.
Just a note on Consecration Week- In my last email I probably made it sound like we could speak English anytime we tried to speak Hungarian. Allow me to clarify. We don't speak English at all unless we absolutely have to or we are translating for our companions or ourselves when we speak to the other missionaries who aren't learning Hungarian. Obviously we have certain leadership meetings and Sacrament meeting that are in English so we've had a few small breaks but it has been very hard. I have made several mistakes and spoken English, but in general I am proud of how diligent I've been with it and I know that Heavenly Father has blessed me to be able to do this. Before it started I was sure that I wouldn't be able to but after I got the blessing I felt so much better and it's been amazing. I have gotten so much better at Hungarian because of it and even though I am very excited to be finished and have a few days to speak English before we leave, I am extremely grateful that we chose to have a full Speak Your Language week because the reality is, we will be in Hungary in a few days and we need to be able to survive. 
Also, our new companion came just in time. The Lord knows our needs and there is no way I would have been able to make it through Consecration week without her. 
Well, I have to run! Thank you for your prayers! The next time I email I will be in HUNGARY! 

Jordan- thank you for taking care of my hermit crabs. I was so happy to hear that they are still alive. It means a lot to me that you are watching over them! 
Much Love, 
Naegle Nővér


No comments:

Post a Comment