Monday, January 13, 2014

Ashlyn: Week four? I think...I've lost track


Hola, Mi familia y mi amigos!

Esta semana fue muy bueno! So we had a menos activo family attend church on Sunday! la familia Deniz, they're super sweet and Hna. Deniz makes the best tamales. However they only came for the first hour and then they left :( we're going to try and get them to stay for the full block.
Hno. Robledo didn't come to church again so we went over to his house  after church. Earlier that week I had been reading in Mosiah and I read Mosiah 5:15 and I felt that Hno. Robledo needed to hear it. So I talked to my companion and we decided to share it with him. Anyways the Spirit was SO strong! I told him that the gift of eternal life in the celestial kingdom is the greatest of all the gifts of God. I asked him and his family if they wanted this gift and I asked them if they wanted to be sealed to God and become like Him. And then I talked about how no one is perfect, but that's what enduring to the end is about. We just keep trying and repenting and recommitting ourselves to God. and then I asked them to think about what it is they feel they aren't doing that they should be doing. And I talked about how you don't have to suddenly become perfect, you can pick one simple thing each day to work on.  Anyways they responded really well to my lesson Hna. Robledo told me it was ''muy bonita'' and that the Spirit was really strong. So hopefully Ho. Robldo attends next Sunday. Its strange that he's inactive because one of his sons is super active with his wife and daughter (his daughter is the cutest little girl I ave ever seen and she is also the hairiest little girl I have ever seen! she has hair on her forehead and on her ears and its really long) and his other son is the ward mission leader. Apparently he doesn't get along with Hna. Gina which is really sad because they're both such great people. 
I don't remember if I talked about this last time but an inactive lady in our ward lost her mother and grandson really recently. Anyways we've been visiting her and she wants to attend the temple so that she can do the temple work for her family members! We taught her and her son (who isn't a member and is now our new investigator!) the other day and they came to church on Sunday and stayed for the entire time. She went to the temple preparation class and her son went with us to the gospel principles class. We had two investigators attend church ! the other was Rafael who has committed to baptism on the 15 of February! he's like the smartest person I have ever met. Anyways we have agreed that he will help me with my Spanish and I will teach him English. haha he's super proper, refined and very very very polite. I don't think he has ever been mean or rude in his entire life.

the family ramirez valderrama dind't attend church which we were really bummed about because they seemed so awesome. one of the Hermanas in the ward is her neighbor and we were talking to her and she said that sister ramirez valderrama is ''difficult'' I didn't understand everything but I got the impression that sister ramirez has been rather snooty and upity towads this Hermana which was weird because she was so nice to us when we taught them. So we'll see how it progresses with them. 

In church they were teaching in primary about missionaries and preach my gosple and they had all the missionaries come in. and they had the kids choose two missionaries to share their testimonies and they chose me both times (the first was with the younger primary kids and the second was with the older ones during different hours) haha I'm not sure if I shared exactly what they wanted me too but I don't think the kids were listening anyways so oh well. Last Sunday we actually taught the young women. It was really awesome I felt a little silly because some of them were 17 and I'm not that much older then them but It was really fun and the young women in our ward are awesome and there is this sweet girl who's investigating with her boyfriend or her boyfriend is a member or something but she's come twice and asked for a personal progress book and seems super interested. She doesn't live in our area and I'm a bit jealous of the Elders because she is very ready to learn about the gospel. 

Well I don't remember much else from this week. It went by super fast. Oh all the new missionaries met with Preident Wagner and it was really fun to see some of the other American Sisters! Yay for District F! you hermanas are so amazing! 

I love you all! Have an amazing week!
Hna Naegle



No comments:

Post a Comment