HOLA! Feliz Año!
First I have to thank everyone for their prayers. This week I have seen my Spanish improve so much! Especiall my brother Jared, hey buddy keep praying! You have such strong faith! I managed to have an entire conversation by myself with one of our menos activos yesterday while my companion was on the phone. I had to ask him to talk slower and repeat a lot but I did it!
We don't have a lot of progressing investigators but we have a ton of menos activos! We spent most of this week trying to track them all down and update the ward list. We couldn't find any of the menos actvios in Jardines de nuevo Mexico not a single one! My companion says that the earth just swallows them up to annoy us. haha.
We had a pretty intense conversation/lesson with Luis Baltazaar, one of our investigators. We invited him to come to church on Sunday but he didn't show. In fact none of our investigators showed up that we invited, but the menos activo family Almeida did! Anyways Luis Baltazaar asked us an intense question. I didn't really know exactly what it was but apparently we answered it better than any other missionaries who had visited him and I shared a lot during that lesson. He says that he knows the church is true and that he has faith and all that but Hna. Leija and I were talking about it after the lesson and we both felt that he doesn't have faith and that he's scared of trusting God because he's so independent. His wife is a member and his daughter is a member. He's also scared because he doesn't want his children to serve missions and leave him.
Well last night we visited Hno. Robledo. I love this family they are so sweet and Hno. Robledo thinks that I'm really funny and laughs a lot at my Spanish. He's really nice but he needs to get off his bum and go to church. I think that he has a lot of feelings of guilt about something, I don't know what it is but I think it has made him scared to face God and then the fact that he's been inactive for a while has added to his guilt and its just easier to sleep through church then face up to his guilt and attend. I talked a lot about faith and that the first step is scary because we don't know what's going to happen, but as we trust and follow through then our faith grows and it gets easier and easier each time. I also talked about praying and that the moments when we feel least like praying are the times when we need to fall on our knees and pray until we feel like praying. I think he really needs to talk things out with God. I didn't invite him to and I wish I would have! Next time!
Well those are the two people who stand out most in my mind right now.. OH yeah I remember! we taught this lady and like six little girls from the neighborhood and two of the girls were super intelligent (they live in our neighborhood and we walk past them all the time playing out in the street) anyways we hear them reciting the five principles of the gospel faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end. It's awesome! And they say hi to us all the time. They pretty much adore us; its so cute! Another of the girls ran up to my companion and yelled ''mi maestra'' really loud and gave her a huge hug... I was a little bummed because all she said to me was ''hi'' but that's OK.
Well Dad, be jealous because about twenty steps outside of our door is a tortilla shop where they make the best fresh tortillas ever and we'll buy them in the morning when they're warm and fresh and we eat them with our eggs and hotdogs which they call sanchichas (I may have spelled that wrong but that's how it sounds). Oh I forgot our cell phone got stolen on Monday and I'm pretty sure it was the kid that we contacted in the street and then followed onto the bus. Anyways We had a reference for some Elders in a different district but whose area is right next to ours and since we didn't have a phone we had to go over to their district where we ran into this really sweet lady who we had talked to last Sunday but who's in the other ward and she fed us the most delicious tacos I have ever had! I'm pretty sure I'm going to get parasites from them because I wasn't able to take that medication you sent me mom and it didn't look too sanitary but they were worth it! Oh my goodness they were SOOOO good. Anyways we had some tostatas that were divine and this dish that I dont' remember if they told us the name of it but it was weird eggy stuff covered in mole picante. Iit was alright but the mole was a little too strong and a bit overpowering. Well..It was a good week our ward is now at 8 am and we have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to get there on time and I may or may not have fallen asleep during ward council... I was rather embarrassed but our bishop is super nice! and the only person who gave me a hard time was Elder Juarez but he was mostly just teasing me.
Anyways I love you all and I will send some pictures in a sec... Oh and we busted our kitchen sink again.. This time we completely destroyed the faucet... We're going to have to buy a new one. this time it was a combined effort but I did start it so it was kinda of my fault... again. I'm going to have to ground my self from cleaning in the kitchen... its being held together by packing tape which isn't going to last long.
love,
Hermana Naegle
LIMES! Josh you asked about fruit trees. Here's some limes and we saw a banana tree. I have a picture of it. These lime trees are everywhere and in one town they have a ton of lemon trees with the biggest lemons I have ever seen, like bigger than Dad's fist.
My breakfast one morning. YAY for leftover pizza
and pasta. Spicy Spicy for breakfast.
A pretty butterfly that we saw the other day.
The banana tree that I talked about.
Pigs feet and to the right is an entire pigs' head cut in half, brains, eyes, hair and all. Their meat places are gross. The meat just hangs out in the open and some of it is a strange orange/yellow color and there are flies buzzing around everywhere.
LIMES! Josh you asked about fruit trees. Here's some limes and we saw a banana tree. I have a picture of it. These lime trees are everywhere and in one town they have a ton of lemon trees with the biggest lemons I have ever seen, like bigger than Dad's fist.
and pasta. Spicy Spicy for breakfast.
The banana tree that I talked about.
Pigs feet and to the right is an entire pigs' head cut in half, brains, eyes, hair and all. Their meat places are gross. The meat just hangs out in the open and some of it is a strange orange/yellow color and there are flies buzzing around everywhere.
And our busted faucet that we repaired with packing tape.
No comments:
Post a Comment