Hello everyone,
This week was good. We met with a member family. We were kind of sad because we missed the right stop, so the wife had to come and pick us up and we felt really stupid. But they were nice about it and they fed us dinner and the lesson we prepared turned out well. We even made the kids little missionary name tags....because sisters do that kind of thing. I was really relieved when it was over though. I don't think I've ever prepared or worried that much about a lesson before.
Another day we went to visit another family, this time one where the dad is not a member. We thought for sure nothing could go wrong. We gave ourselves plenty of time to check the bus and get there but when we went to wait for the bus we realized that it was Saturday and the bus schedule is different then. Then we also realized that our appointment was actually an hour earlier than we thought, so we were already late. I don't know what happened, I looked at my planner a million times that day. We were pretty upset about it. We had to call and tell them and then explain to them that no, the husband couldn't come pick us up in the car because there has to be another woman there, etc. etc. To make matters worse, the elders showed up to wait for a bus at the same stop so they saw us in all our embarrassing glory. But long story short, after a rather difficult hour of bus checking and map-looking (oh my comp. forgot her planner with the house number in it too), we found the house and they were also really nice and we had a great lesson with them. We were sad though because the dad didn't really seem that open and so we don't know what to do now.
Earlier in the week we were waiting outside a store to meet up with an investigator (it never actually worked out) when a random guy came up to us and asked us who we were and what we did and we had a conversation with him abou t Jesus and when I asked him if he would like to meet he said yes. So we planned to meet at the same place the next day and he was there. We didn't have a place to meet so we ended up teaching out on the grass outside a rec center place nearby. It was a really good Restoration lesson and he seemed really open and said he would read and everything. We were so excited. We planned to meet with him today but when we showed up he wasn't there. So we went over to where we first met him and there he was. He was not doing so great I think and he had forgotten about our meeting. He said he couldn't leave so we told him we could teach him right there and he agreed. We taught him the Plan of Salvation but I am not sure how much got through. I'm not sure but I imagine the Plan of Salvation is even more exciting to learn about when you are high. So there went our miracle investigator. We planned to meet him on Saturday so we'll see. On the train home today I was just sitting there kind of feeling really discouraged and wondering why I was even here. My companion had fallen asleep and I was about to too when a man came up to us. I thought that maybe he wanted to sit down because there was room next to us but when I looked up at him to ask him if he needed a seat I realized that it was the dad from the part-member family we taught a few day ago!! He was actually happy to see us and chatted with us for a bit after we woke up enough to remember how to speak Hungarian. It was pretty awkward because we didn't have much to talk about but I am still really glad we ran into him. If nothing else it was a reminder that there are people here to work with and missionaries do find people like his wife who has been a member for nine years and reads the scriptures and says prayers with her kids every day. So I feel a little better now.
In other news, our other investigator moved back to Romania, the less-active lady I talked about last time called to cancel our appointment this week, we had some success with tracting but it was all old ladies who are sad that their families are dead but they don't really want to change so they don't let us come back, even though they thought it was really great talking with us.
Mihály came to church. Yay!! But he can't meet this week. Nooo! So pretty much we're back to the drawing board.
Things are good, this past week was our half-way mark so we celebrated a little bit. Can't believe there are just nine months to go! Hope everything is going well for all of you. Take care and have a great week!
Naegle nővér
No comments:
Post a Comment