Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hermana Naegle: La humildad y la caridad (July 28)

This week I have learned a lot about humility and charity. first I have had to bite my tongue like 100 times this past week with my companion and just let things slide by.... I have been praying to have the Spirit help me be humble and I have been so grateful to feel his influence help me just say ''Ok.'' and move on. I have also found that telling my companion that I love her has really helped! and today she actually told me that she really likes being my companion. that was a great victory! hopefully our good relationship continues. We had one close call on Thursday but we said a prayer and we smoothed everything over and we're good. I have also found that chatting about unimportant lighthearted things really distracts her from being grumpy and irritable... So I'm learning how to manage a new difficult companion and learn my area. The good wonderful news is that I'm actually super happy! I have felt  the Spirit more these past week than any other week in my mission. I'm so grateful for these hard circumstances because I get to see my progress. Its really a refiners fire. I was reading the Liahona today and I just felt so much love from the Saviour. I'm so humbled and grateful to have this opportunity to be a member of this church, that I was born into Zion, that I have an incredible family, and that I have a testimony of this gospel and latter day work.
Well I don't have much to report on with investigators. I still have to get to know them.. we had a rough time trying to find a house for the other sisters that we hardly had time top do any work... rather frustrating but its all over now and I can focus on our work. 

Thank you all for your prayers and your goodness. keep serving others and praying, and most importantly ATTENDING CHURCH! this week I also learned the great importance of attending church by studying the consequences of not attending church
 which all happen to be negative consequences like NOT having the Spirit to be with you, not having His protection, etc. I encourage you all to study the importance of the Sacrament and why the Lord has given us this commandment to ALWAYS remember Him. 

3 Nephi 18:11-13

11 And this shall ye always do to those who repent and are baptized in my name; and ye shall do it in remembrance of my bloodwhich have shed for you, that ye may witness unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you.
 12 And give unto you commandment that ye shall do these things. And if ye shall always do these things blessed are ye, for ye are built upon my rock.
 13 But whoso among you shall do more or less than these are not built upon my rock, but are built upon sandy foundation; and when the rain descends, and the floods come, and the winds blow,and beat upon them, they shall falland the gates of hell are readyopen to receive them.
The commandment is to ALWAYS participate of the sacrament. Not every other week or once a month, EVERY single Sunday. And the times when we don't participate in the Sacrament we SHALL (meaning its sure to happen without doubt) FALL and the GATES OF HELL are open to receive us. Thats rather frightening. So always always always attend church. there's never a good reason not to. If you are on vacation there are chapels in ALL parts of the world its really not that hard. and remember its for your own good and protection. 
I love you all!
Hermana Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment