Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hermana Naegle: hambre.. no de pan sólo de agua.... (famine... not of bread but of wáter)


This week we had no running wáter in our house. In fact we had no running water in about half our área which resulted in that our investigators all went  to go live with relatives. So we ending up walking a lot looking for new people to teach. And I mean ALOT so much that I now have a constant twitch it my left calf muscle that I'm scared is going to turn into a charlie horse one of these nights or worse in the middle of a lesson!

BUT the wáter returned saturday night and we're hoping that our investigators return to us!

Alexis didn't come to church :( some excuse about her brother... but we'll see her this week and we'll get her to come this next sunday!
We had a surprise new investigator his name is Monolo Flores. He was a Street contact earlier in the week and we thought he was drunk when we met him but he showed up to church and it turns out he's just really weird and wasn't drunk at all.... he stayed for 2.5 hours of church but he had to get bck home to make dinner for his mom (he's a bout 60 years old and takes care of his mom who's probably about 100) We have an appointment with him at 6 today and we'll see how it goes.

I also taught góspel principles yesterday in sunday school. The Ward misión leader told us he wasn't going to be there and I was the one who all the other missionaries volunteered to teach the class, but then the WML showed up and every time anyone asked a question he answered and so I pretty much didn't teach anything..... thats OK becasue I was rather nervous.

Well thats the news for this week... we have another new investigator named Paz (which is peace in english) she's interesting she believes all churches are true but that the catholic church is the truest even though there are things she doesn't like about it.... she's nice and we're going to come by next sunday but she told us that she won't pray to know if the book of mormon is true so we'll see if this goes anywhere.

Well thank you all for your prayers. I have really needed them this week. I can feel your love for me all the way out here in the middle of Guadalajara! I know that this church is true I have a strong testimony of th Gospel of Jesús Christ and that it changes lives. I may not have had many ''converts'' in my misión but I have seen the difference the góspel has made in my life and in my family and I hope that you all can come to know for yourselves. The best way to learn the truth of something is to live it. you don't know the cake is delicious until you've tried a bit. you don't know the góspel is good until you have lived it and experienced the blessings in your life.

 I love you all so much! keep praying! Keep Reading the scriptures! keep paying your tithing and attending church!
Hermana Naegle  

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIAH! twelve years old!!!! Young womens! yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment