This will be a short one. Nothing very exciting happened. Just finding, finding, finding. Actually we didn't really find that many people so it was more like looking, looking, looking. However, we did get a few phone numbers and a guy said we could come back later since he didn't have time then. A very mean man made us leave one of the buildings we tracked. Other than that I don't remember anything. Oh, church was good. The branch seems cool. I don't really like this city itself very much. Yesterday we went streeting at night for a couple of hours and when I got back my hair smelled so bad like cigarette smoke just from walking on the street that I had to wash it before I could sleep. It's been so foggy that we can look directly into the sun sometimes. I actually mistook it for the moon once because it was just a perfectly round reddish sphere.
One funny story is that we were tracting, knocked on a door and a guy yelled, "Who's there?" And we said "We're missionaries!" And he yelled back "I'm sorry". The translation for the word he used can be taken as both, "I'm sorry you are missionaries (I pity you)" and "I'm sorry I can't come to the door (I regret that I cannot answer)". It's not actually something people normally say so it was pretty funny.
Hope you are all having a great week! Love you all!
Naegle nővér
No comments:
Post a Comment