Okay not really, but almost. I got a call this morning telling me that I would be transferred. I thought for sure this transfer wouldn't affect me a) because everyone told me that it wouldn't b) because it's not even really a real transfer, just one sister is going home . But that's okay. I am really sad and I have only heard bad things about the place I am going but I figure that this gospel that I try to tell people about every day of my life is true and if it is then Heavenly Father knows what is happening and has a plan for me and all the missionaries.
Just a quick recap on the past week is that I had a great birthday eating out with some great church members and one investigator that actually invited all of us to go to the hotel where he is a pastry chef and we all got to choose a dessert on the house. It was fun.
On my birthday we met with this family of a man, woman (not married) and their four daughters. We had run into him a while back and he recognized us and wanted to meet with us. They had met with the missionaries in the past and said they had prayed about the Book of Mormon and knew it was true and wanted to be baptized. Which is great, but it was a little too easy and felt weird and they had no questions when we taught, neither that time nor the second time when we went back on Saturday. They said they would be at church but then long story short they did not come and I doubt they will be getting baptized anytime soon. I think if anything they were hoping to get money or something.
We had another lady who we were super excited about last week but then she showed up this week and said many rude things to us and blamed us as Americans for not helping Hungary during the world war, and also railed about all the doctrine she disagreed with, which is actually doctrine she just doesn't understand because she never listens when we try to teach. Something weird happened to her during the week to make her so different but she wouldn't say what it was. She did break down a little bit after and apologized.
No comments:
Post a Comment