Well this week was pretty discouraging as far as the work goes. I went back through my old planners and I am pretty sure it was actually the worst. And that's saying something. But it had its good moments. One night we prayed really hard to know where to go and felt like we should go try a few people from our records. We didn't have any success with them, but on our way back I streeted a lady pushing a stroller and walking a dog. Usually people of this type never stop and listen since they are busy but she did and I asked her if she believed in God, which I don't usually do to start talking with someone. She answered saying that she did but that they weren't religious. I asked her if it was because there were too many churches or something and she replied that they just hadn't picked a church yet. I was very happy because I've been pretty much hoping to hear that my whole mission. So I basically taught her the Restoration really fast and even though she said she was really busy she still gave us her number and her husband's name and we said we would call her in the future. So we are really hoping that we will be able to meet with them. We met with a less-active that said she wants to come back after years of inactivity because she hasn't been felt like the same person since she left. Another lady is the wife of a member that we looked up and she at first wouldn't let us set a day or time to come back but by the end of the program she asked us when we could come back and we are going to meet with her and one of her sons.
So there were some cool things. We also had zone training with a Thanksgiving dinner afterwards. We were in charge of making a fruit salad. It turned out pretty good. The training was alright but what was a lot better (call me a bad missionary) was seeing a bunch of my old companions at once. I guess one of the blessings of getting new companions every 4-5 weeks is that I have been able to serve with some really wonderful friends.
Thanks for all your prayers. Hope you have a wonderful week! So there were some cool things. We also had zone training with a Thanksgiving dinner afterwards. We were in charge of making a fruit salad. It turned out pretty good. The training was alright but what was a lot better (call me a bad missionary) was seeing a bunch of my old companions at once. I guess one of the blessings of getting new companions every 4-5 weeks is that I have been able to serve with some really wonderful friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment