Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hermana Naegle: opposites 2 nephi 2:11-14 March 23rd


We are so excited about Irma and Urbano. They are of gold! literally pure gold. They are getting baptised on the 11th of April. They are so commited and they are seeing the peace and the change that thr gospel brings into their lives. We love them so much!
Maria is a bit nuts and hs some pretty intense phycological problems. She told us this week that she remembers whe she was born spiritually.... she just wanted to call attention to herself... and she told us that she remembers that Jesus Christ was there with his physical body and I told her that in the premortal life jesus christ didn't actually have a physical body. So then she changed her tactic and told us that she remembered her spiritual mother (as in the wife of God, since one time we explained to her that God has a wife) and she pretty much described me just with my companions eyes. So now me and my companion joke that we are the spritual mother of Maria and that we were the same spirit that got split in two when we came to earth ... we get a long really really well, I probably get along bettr with her then all my other companions.
they had me make cinnaon rolls again and on thursday I'm goin gto teach the relief society how to make them. It'll be fun :)
Well the other day we found 4 new investigators along wiht an american who sayshe knows the ''mormon message'' sinec he lkived in utah, I' pretty sure he didn't understand because otherwise he'd be baptised by now but he didn't want to listen.
I gave a talk insacrament meeting along with my companion and our district leader. We planched them with love and smiles. I talked about tithing and read the scripture in 3 nefi 24 about the windows of heaven etc. but I focused on the part that talks about what happens when we don't pay our tithes. The scripture starts out wiht a question '' will a man rob God?'' the answer is obvious 'no'' becasue quite frankly that would have to be one dumb man to even think about robbing God. Then the scripture says '' yet ye have robbed me.'' now we have to think crap God says we've robbed him so we ask '' in what have we robbed thee?'' ''in tithes and offerings.''  So now we know that when we don't pay tithing we rob God. then God goes on to say ''ye are cursed, with a curse.'' it gets wose not only have we broken one of the ten commandments because we robbed God we are also cursed with a curse. We as memebers sometimes forget to think about the consequences of disobeying. We see that when we obey we recieve blessings and we think well if I don't obey I just don't recieve blessings and I'm the same as before. But its not so. When we don't obey there is literaly a curse pronounced upon us. and what is the curse?
10 if you don't Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, I will not open the windows of heaven, and I will not pour you out a blessing.
11 And I will not rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall destroy the fruits of your ground; and your vine shall cast her fruit before the time in the fields, saith the Lord of Hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you cursed, for ye shall be a hideous land, saith the Lord of Hosts.

Something like that. thn I told them that when we don't pay our tithing its because we don't have faith in God and we also break the first commandment because we put money before God.

Anyways then I shared how my parents have always payed their tithing  and what  testimoy its been for me to see the incredible blesings that God has given us.

well Love you all! remember that there are two parts to every commandment the blessing and the curse becasue there must be opposites for the universe o function. If there is up there must be down. I really love thinking about opposites. Its one of my favorite topics along with the fall of Adam and Eve its so incredibly interesting I actaully taught the gospel principles class on sunday it was about the fall it went really well.
see ya soon!
Hermana Naegle


No comments:

Post a Comment