Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hermana Naegle: April 6th

Irma and Urbano are set to get baptized his coming Saturday! pray that everything goes well and that the spirit is strong in their baptism. Irma is so funny. She has taken it upon herself to feed us breakfast every morning. She says that the mission has been rough on me and that she wants to make sure that I'm eating breakfast. hahaha. So now every morning we eat refried beans sometimes fish, sometimes potato tacos, sometimes eggs with nopales, its all delicious. She's so amazing. Urbano has given up coffee! today at least. We'll see how it goes the rest of the week. Pray pray pray that he makes it!!!!
We met a new investigator yesterday. He's been coming to church for several weeks I'm pretty sure he's gone more than 5 times. We went over to teach him yesterday and he laid out his whole plan on what he's going to do to get baptized. he lives with some members who explained to him that he needs to get married first and he's all excited to learn, get married, and get baptized. He's really nice. His name is Juan Manuel.
Well we listened to conference in Spanish I tried not to fall asleep, I got most of the first session on Saturday but then after that it was almost to much to stay awake and listen in Spanish at the same time and I didn't really understand the rest, most of the time I was just nibbling crackers and peanuts to try and stay awake.
Its really hot and it gets hotter every day. I'm really happy that I won't be here when it gets REALLY HOT. that in June July and august. like suffocatingly hot. its worse in Santiago because in San Blas we are close to the beach and there iss always a breeze but in Santiago its dry and their is no air. just haze.
well this week was a week where we had to evade a lot of blatant sin in the streets. ´´semana santa´´ is the Easter week and every one gets out of school and there is SOO much beer everywhere. and so much iniquity. loud music every where and a lot of visitors show up. IT was so crowded this whole week. But now its over and every one is going back to their lives. IT just makes me sad that the week where we remember Christ 's atonement and resurrection has turned into a week of sin and evil doings. Its disgusting. But luckily we could take refuge in the chapel and watch conference and avoid all of that.
Well thanks for reading, love you!
Hermana Naegle


No comments:

Post a Comment