This week was really good. We went on a split with the sisters from Érd. They are having a hard time because Érd is a little more challenging than most of the areas in Hungary. Both my companion (Sister Simons) and I served there so we understand how hard it can be and it was good to be able to talk it out with them. It also gave us an opportunity to work in Óbuda a little more and find a couple of pretty places there.
Highlights of the week!
Going to visit Bea and Sándor. We love them so much. I've mentioned them before. When I first came they weren't really that active. But we've been visiting and they now come to church. It's so adorable to see them-mom, dad, two girls- at church. They weren't there yesterday but I think that might be because she is pregnant! They had told us that they were hoping for two more and when we visited this week she told us that she was pregnant. She hadn't even told the girls yet so it was really cool that she told us. We are so excited for them.
Meeting with Lívia. We haven't met with her in forever. I thought she was a lost cause. But, lo and behold, when we met this past week she explained how she thinks her faith has grown. Before she didn't believe in God at all but now she feels like He really could be there and she has experienced a better feeling in her life and more personal inspiration. It was really cool. She actually said she would come to church (before she always said no) but she didn't come. It's still a big step, though.
Jozsi came to church! He's been promising to come for a few weeks now but always bails at the last minute. This Sunday I called him that morning and when he tried to tell me that he would come in two weeks after he gets surgery on his wrist I wasn't having any of that. So he laughed and said he would come and he did. We were sooo happy. He even stayed the whole three hours and I think he enjoyed himself. He loved the talks and he found the guy who baptized him. So it was good. The bishop and the members were all really nice to him and he participated in Sunday school. It was a miracle. AND Zsuzsa came to church again and I saw her asking the bishop if she could meet with him, which is something we've been talking about for a bit now.
No comments:
Post a Comment