After a few weeks of nervous waiting we finally got our transfer calls this morning and as we kind of expected, I will be staying in Pápa. I did not expect however, that I would be receiving a Hungarian companion. Her name is Sister Kovács and I am super excited to serve with her and also terrified. She doesn't speak that much English and I don't speak that much Hungarian so....we'll see. The good news is that she's had lots of American companions before so it shouldn't be too much of an adjustment for her at least. I feel super lucky to have the chance to serve with her. I hope my slowness at Hungarian doesn't frustrate her....Basically I have no idea what to expect but I am looking forward to the future.
To be honest, things aren't that great in Pápa right now as far as work. Our few investigators aren't really working out but we'll be able to get more. It's just a matter of time and hard work. I had a really cool experience this week. We serve with some senior sisters who don't speak Hungarian and we decided to do splits this week, meaning I took one senior sister and my companion took the other. I was really worried about it because I've never had to survive in Hungary on my own before, but it turned out well. I contacted three RCLAs and had programs with two of them. And the next day we split again to do tracting, and a man let us in and I taught him the Restoration and set up with him to come back and teach again!! It was so cool and I felt so blessed by Heavenly Father that I was able to do it and understand enough to teach. Sadly, when we went back he said he didn't want to meet anymore and we're pretty sure it's because his wife chewed him out. But that's okay, maybe he will meet with missionaries in the future.
Other than that there hasn't been too much excitement around here. It rained all week and finally the sun came out again yesterday. Yesterday was the first time anyone has served me something to eat that was truly awful. Our investigator gave us some sort of drink that tasted like fermented lemonade. It would have been fine except the glasses didn't seem to have been cleaned for a while and so it made the drink rotten and mildewy. I glugged it like a champ but I didn't feel so great for a few hours afterwards.... But I know that's not even close to as bad as some of the things other missionaries in the world have had to eat so I'll take my fermented mildew drink any day.
Anyway, the gospel is true and life is great. I am so blessed to be able to be here and learn so much. I am reading about the history of the church right now and I am really humbled by everything the early saints went through. They sacrificed so much so that I could have all the blessings that I have. I am so grateful for them and for the chance that I had to grow up with the teachings of the gospel.
You are all in my prayers and I am grateful for your good examples. Take care and have a wonderful week!
Naegle nőver
No comments:
Post a Comment