Well, the drama of the week was that we got a phone call from our mission president earlier this week informing us that on Wednesday we will both be transferring to a little town called Pápa. I was completely shocked because even though I was mentally preparing to be transferred in a couple of weeks, I never expected that both of us would be moved early to a town that has pretty much never had sisters. The elders in our district are losing their apartment so everything just fell into place for them to take our apartment and for us to go to Pápa. It was very exciting news and even though there will be a lot of challenges I am looking forward to the change. It is a little awkward and sad that we have to give all of our investigators to the elders, but I think the change will be a really good thing in the long run.
Other than that there hasn't been too many exciting things. I celebrated my first ever name day on the 30th since the Hungarian version of my name is Katalin that name is assigned to April 30th. Here in Hungary they celebrate name days in addition to birthdays.
We had a really great week and were able to accomplish a lot. One of Sister Maxfield's investigators from her previous area has a daughter that lives in our area with her partner and we decided to try them earlier this week but they weren't home so we just left a note and invited them to church and went on our way a little sad. Then yesterday, they showed up to church! It was a really great fast and testimony meeting with a little program performed by the primary kids at the end because it was Mother's Day here. I think they had a good experience and they said we could come by that night. They really love Sister Maxfield and we were nervous to ask them to meet with the elders but they were really open and asked all sorts of questions and gave us their number to give to the elders. It was so neat! And they have relatives in Pápa so we hope that maybe part of the reason we need to go to Pápa is to teach them.
I am so grateful for the time I have had in Kispest and for the opportunity to make a new start in Pápa. I feel like I have been given so much more here than I was able to give back and I hope that as I work to improve my capabilites as a missionary I will be able to give more.
As usual, thank you for your prayers and your good examples. You are the best of the best.
Much Love,
Naegle nővér

The first one is us after we walked home from teaching at the fire station in the pouring rain. they were so sad when we told them that we were leaving to Pápa and Attila ran out into the rain to pick us some roses. i think because the next day was mother's day.
The second is a picture of me with my investigator Rozá. The woman on the left is a wonderful néni who is super nice and came to help us teach in the lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment