We went on splits this week on Friday. I stayed in my area with our sister training leader and my companion went to the other area. I was nervous because I've never been on my own in my area before. I surprised myself on how well I did. I'm now a lot more confident in my abilities. and in my Spanish. Its still rough to understand others but i can read it and understand it super well, unless its Isaiah because he uses words I've never heard before. But when I really focus on listening I'm surprised how much I can actually understand. now I just have to work on reply faster.... there's a lot of translating going on in my head so I'm a bit slow to respond but its getting better!
OK so Sunday was really good! we had two investigators at church. the first one is Juan Ramon. his story is so so so sad. he came to Pto. Vallarta to get work but he hasn't been able to because of his age. he lives at a tire yard thats by the chapel where the rats crawl and nibble on him all night. he eats food out of the dumpster of the grocery store down the street and he has no family. He told us he feels like God has left him and he doesn't know why because he's always been faithful to God. he told us that he's tried to enter the chapel two times before but he just feels so small and unimportant that he leaves. Well I contacted him on Friday and he came to church on Sunday! and he stayed for the whole time. We taught him later in the evening on Sunday in the chapel and he told us that he feels something different. I received some answers to my prayers in the lessons from some of the things he said to us. It was super spiritual. he told us that he hadn't found anything to eat that day. And when we were walking back to the chapel to teach him a lady who sells fruits and vegetables gave us a bag of mangoes for free! completely out of the blue! so we were able to give him some mangoes for his dinner. It was awesome!
We're teaching him again on Tuesday. He needs glasses so that he can read the book of Mormon. And he needs a job. So if you could include him in your prayers that would mean so much!
Sunday we were surprised that one of our old investigators showed up. I don't remember If I've mentioned Gerardo, but I'll sum it up in that we're pretty sure he thinks we're witches, and we always run into him randomly. Well he showed up completely random to sacrament meeting yesterday. We sat by him and the whole time he kept making these squeaky noises..... It was so weird. Two new members were confirmed and he made the strangest face when the bishop and his counselors put their hands over their heads and confirmed them members of the church. He didn't want to stay for the rest so he left after sacrament meeting. Then today we saw him in the grocery store. It was awkward. I'm still pretty sure he thinks we're witches although I do think that maybe one day he'll be baptized its just going to take a long time. but I think the Holy Ghost is really working on him and that's why he showed up randomly.
anyways. I love Sundays! we get to go to church and feel at peace. I love the peace that comes in church. I had a rather intense stressful week and there was such a difference when I got to enter in to the chapel and sings the hymns and really feel the calmness of the gospel. I'm so grateful that we have this commandment from the Lord to remember Him always and to partake of the sacrament every Sunday. It strengthens me so much. I encourage all of you who are feeling tired worn down depressed overwhelmed etc. to go to church this next Sunday, no matter how worthy you feel. there is such a difference and I know it will bless you.
I love you all so much I pray for you always! have a fantastic week.
Hna. Naegle
PS: we contacted an atheist the other day. We had an intense discussion and I asked him that if Jesus Christ appeared in front of him and told Him that He did actually exist would he change and follow him or would he deny Him and still believe that there isn't a Christ. He told us he would deny Christ. The Spirit left in that moment, it was scary. I probably shouldn't have asked that. But we hurried and testified of Christ and that He does exist and then quickly left
No comments:
Post a Comment