Thursday, May 29, 2014

Naegle Nóver: What a Life

Well, not much is new since last time. I love my new companion and we get along really well. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be to communicate. She has always had American companions so she is really patient and knows how to slow down when I don't understand. I am learning a lot and she really wants to learn English so we are both learning. It's actually really fun and it's given me the motivation and hope that I need to study hard and try hard to ask questions and improve.
We are in charge of the Young Women class and a week ago I was trying to read the lesson and it was so frustrating because I had to look up words in the dictionary and it was just a pain. And then this week I was looking at the lessons trying to get ready for Sunday and I realized that I could understand all the titles of the lessons, and I was able to read almost everything and get the main ideas really easily. I was so excited I wanted to read the whole thing. And then I thought to try looking at the Personal Progress book, which in the past has just been impossible to understand, and pretty much the same thing happened! I was so happy and grateful. I don't know what happened, but it's just not as hard as it was before. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I just have more responsibility with this companion because she is younger in the mission and I was in the area two weeks before her and there are some people that I have to communicate with because they only speak English. It's harder, but the Lord always expands our capabilities so that we can do everything he asks us to. I have been praying really hard to be able to do more and speak more and He gave me more responsibility and a Hungarian companion. Sister Kovács prayed for help to learn English and she got sent to me and Pápa, where there are two senior sisters who only speak English. And I love to teach so it's fun to help her with English. I guess some of her other companions would mostly just speak Hungarian because it's easier. So it's just cool to see how Heavenly Father knows our needs and gives us the opportunities we desire to be able to learn. It's really hard, but it helps us grow. 
Hope you all have a fabulous week full of blessings. God bless!
Naegle nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment