We've had these two investigators (Rodolfo and Eduardo) we met them when they kicked their soccer ball over the fence and asked us to get it for them so I contacted Rodolfo and Eduardo just kind of ended up being our investigator too since he's always with Rodolfo. It was so fun when we gave them each a book of Mormon. We only had one between the both of us and we gave it to Rodolfo and we told Ed that we'd get him one too and sine we were in the chapel when we finished the lesson we quickly grabbed one and his face just lit up like a little boy's on Christmas! He's 17 years old (I almost just typed that ''he has 17 years'' because that's how you say it in Spanish) and I thought he was like 27 or something. anyways Rod and Ed have come to several baptisms and then they play soccer with the young men in the ward afterwards and they had promised us twice that they would come to church but both times they didn't and finally the third time they came! and they stayed for all of it too. Rod said that he wants to come back the next week because they said in class that the next lesson is going to be on the law of chastity and he has a lot of questions about that law and the word of wisdom. We're teaching them again today so I'll let you know how lesson 2 goes.
This week I had to eat pig skin and I'm pretty sure it wasn't cooked.... the whole time all I could think about was Olivia Greer's pig Ellie. I felt really sick the rest of the day I don't recommend pig skin.
We had a cool experience this week with a new investigator. We were coming back to our area after eating the pig skin and we met a man who started talking to us (his name is Gerardo). he told us that some sisters had given him some pamphlets and that he had read them. I asked him if he wanted to learn more about our message and he told us no. the next day we were searching out some references when the same fellow hollered ''hermanas!'' he came over and we started chatting and then he asked us how someone can find out which of all the churches is true. So we prayed with him there in the street and taught him about the restoration. He told us ''its all very convincing, but how does someone know?'' we told him he needed to pray and ask God. he told us that he wants to feel something ''real and intense and just real!' We told him that if he reads the Book of Mormon he could get that feeling. then I invited him to pray to end the lesson and when he finished praying he started crying! he blamed it on the sun but he was feeling something ''real''. Unfortunately he didn't come to church the next day but we're going back to teach him t his week.
well that's all I remember.
love you all so much!
hna. naegle
No comments:
Post a Comment