Hola! Una disculpa por no escribirles ayer!
Lo que pasó es que fuimos al templo y entonces cambiaron nuestro día de preparación para hoy!
Ok so let me explain the subject line
1, Carlos: we contacted him I think tuesday and then we went to search him out on friday but he couldn't find him... the worst part is that there are like a million people with the name Carlos in Mexico and he didn't give us his last name so we were wandering around knocking on doors asking people ''does carlos live here?´´ in many houses carlos did live there just not the carlos we were looking for.... then saturday the next day we ran into him like five times! except that he was super drugged up and drunk so we decided to ignore him and I don't think we'll be searching for carlos anytime soon.
2.boiler and eyelashes: sister warburton tried to teach me how to light our boiler but a ton of gas escaped and when she lit the lighter a ton of fire came out in my face and burnt off my eyelashes, a little bit of my left eyebrow and a good bit of my hair... SO I got a nerw hair cut and I now have BANGS! they're actaully cute..... I think I'll keep them even when my hair grows back in..... but it was probably the scariest momento of my life when I saw this huge flame coming at me. luckily I was able to cover my face with my hands so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Now we doen't even go near the boiler and we heat up wáter in the microwave and shower out of a bucket.... I've gotten used to showering out of a bucket since I've done it pretty much since I got here.
3. labios: this Word means lips and there is a cute Little girl in our Ward who when she tries to say diablo says labios, sister warburton told her to call me a devil but she instead called me a lips! it was cute. her dad also make leather scripture cases I'm going to have him make me one for my english scriptures there're really pretty.
Well we had a good week, We found 12 new investigators although several of them I don't think will follow through (like Carlos.....) but we were able to put some really great baptismal dates, one of them is named Aida she accepted a book of mormon promised us that she would read it, told us that she believed in the first visionbut that she'll pray and then accepted a baptismal date. she has anadorable baby who loks like Flyn from Cloudy with a chance of meatballs.
Karen is on of ournew investigators and we only taught her àrt of lesson 1 and she came to church! the rough part with her is that she doesn't actually believe in God... but she wants her family to have a religion. her husband, cristofer is awesome too but he talks a ton and it takes a long time to get through the lessons. he wasn't able to come to church because he was working but I think he'll come the next time. they have two really cute Little girls with super curly hair! like their mom.
Well those are the highlights. I tripped a lot this week but I haven't fallen yet! I have had to use sunglasses because the sun hurts my eyes because I have no eyelashes and I feel so worldy.....
Love to all!
Hermana Naegle
No comments:
Post a Comment