This week was a great week. I don't have much time to go into all the details, but I am just really loving serving here. I love the members and our investigators and I love the work.
One really sad thing happened. We finally were able to meet with one of our investigators who has been out of town for work. He has had a baptismal date planned for a while now and when we met with him we got his interview all set up and everything. Then, on the day we were supposed to meet to fill out his baptismal record, he called and canceled saying basically that he was too overwhelmed with work right now and that he wanted to meet in a month. I asked him if we could meet during the next week and he promised he would call. It was probably one of the saddest experiences of my whole mission. He is ready but he is scared! I don't know how to help him. But it's alright because I have talked to him since then about some other things and I feel like we will be able to meet again but he is missing out on the blessings of baptism in the meantime.
Mariana came to church, miracle of miracles! We are good friends and I was worried about making her mad by pushing her to come to church but then I realized how totally silly that was. When you have a good friend that you really love, you invite them to church because you know it will bless them! I would never hesitate to refer someone to a good mascara, for goodness' sake! So I called her and invited her to church and pushed her to come. And she came for the second half! It's hard sometimes asking people to rely on faith and leave their comfort zones, but it is really amazing when they actually do.
So many funny things happened this week, including one program where my companion was explaining that she used to make french fries at her job, and the investigator thought she said franchise and he thought we didn't understand so he tried to explain what a franchise was by using examples like McDonald's and Burger King, both of which, of course, serve french fries and all three of us just got more and more confused (because we thought he was saying french fries (he has a thick accent)). I died of laughter. One of our investigators came to a YSA activity (success!) and apparently asked one of our recent converts out on a date in front of everyone (success?) and then she turned him down in front of everyone (failure) which may sound harsh but it sounds like the way he asked put her in kind of a bad spot...oh the drama it caused! We may have to do some damage repair with him.
Well, I hope you are all having a wonderful week. Thanks for all your prayers! You are in mine. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment