This week was rough! but luckily it included general conference. since I'm pretty sure most of you watched general conference I'll just comment that it was superb and I loved it.. Mom because I know you'll ask I watched it in spanish and english.... women's session in spanish, saturday and first session of sunday in english and the last session in spanish.
well this week we were able to teach english in the park! it went well although no one showed up until about 8 o'clock. several people from the park stopped by and told us that they're planning on coming the next week. So the plan now is to get a good enough following so that we can change over to the church building where they can feel the Spirit! poco a poco! pero hay vamos, hay vamos!
Unfortunately although we invited three of our most promising investigators not a single one came to conference.. rather disappointing but the good news is that Hna. Margarita came! and she told us that she really likes how she feels when we come by her house to talk with her. She ADORES my companion its really funny because she always compliments her and then says '' and you too hermana Naegle.'' it so funny.. I think you just need to know her to understand, she's a funny a lady, but I adore her and thats all that matters :)
My favorite investigator is Amalia. she's nuts! and talks a ton but we were actually able to finish lesson 2 in only two visits instead of the five it took to teach lesson 1.. and lesson two is super long and it has a ton of doctrine thats really really different than what the catholic church teaches. Thats progress!
Benito is our other investigator.. we don't now where he lives but he shows up to church a lot so we teach him when we can...... Pray that he comes to church this Sunday! so that we can find out where he lives! so we can meet his wife and teach her too!
anyways I love you all! today we went inside of a catholic cathedral. we entered in the middle of mass so we left really quickly.... I can't send pictures because I lost the cord to my camera but I have them and when I get a new cord I'll send you some!
Love you all!
Hermana Naegle
No comments:
Post a Comment