This week was a little different than most because we had zone conference as well as General Conference. Zone Conference was good. I always love going into Budapest. The training was good, nothing out of the ordinary.
General Conference was wonderful. We actually got to watch a couple of the sessions in English, which was nice. Three of our investigators came which I was happy about but I was pretty sad because a couple of my favorite investigators didn't show up, even after I called them. From what we watched in English (unfortunately I still don't quite get that much out of the Hungarian broadcast) my favorite was what Elder Uchtdorf's said about building a testimony over a lifetime and that there is no requirement for how big your testimony needs to be in order to take part in the church. I wish I could just get everyone to listen to that talk with an open heart. It was so good!
If you want to pray for some people here are some people that could really use some prayer. Ben, Lehel, Szilvi, Erika, Demi, Árpád, Lilla, and of course, Laci (from my first area).
Árpád is a member who actually served a mission but then after he married a non-member started going inactive because her family business required him to work on Sunday a lot. We had some contact with him over phone but this week when we went with the Steels to drop off a Liahona at his house, his wife came out and told us that it was a miracle we even found anybody home because they work so much. She was only home because she got some cleaner in her eye and it made her sick so she stayed home. She was super chatty and friendly with us and said that although she doesn't feel any need for her to be converted, she could tell that her husband has gotten a little spiritually worn down, and that she thought it would be good for him to go to Conference that night. She even called him to remind him to go and he did end up coming so we were able to meet him. The wife told me that I could call him anytime and I was totally floored because I have never met a non-member spouse who was so supportive of some sort of reactivation. Usually they are really against the church. They have a son and it would be so amazing for them to all get active but I think the working on Sunday thing will be a huge challenge and I don't even know where to begin to try to help them. So please pray for them.
Lilla is a recent convert whose husband is supportive of her but not really of her religion. She is so amazing but it has been really challenging for them and I worry about her.
Szilvi is a recent convert who has been having some real struggles with a lot of things ever since she decided to go on a mission. I am really worried about her right now.
Lehel is an investigator who has had a lot of baptismal dates and keeps pushing them back. He is ready and loves the gospel but is just afraid for some reason. He needs a lot of prayers right now too.
Erika is a lady that loves the gospel but just can't get herself to church because she always gets sick. She needs to come to church!
Ben is one of my favorite investigators ever. He just started college and is super busy right now but he is at a crucial point with the gospel and needs an extra push from some angels or something to help him realize how important it is to learn about the gospel, even when he has a lot of exams. Funny story, we email at the university and we actually saw him outside studying on a bench so we waved at him and he came in and chatted for a bit and read our emails over our shoulders. He is really smart, a little eccentric, and looks a bit like Harry Potter.
Laci, if you remember is from Kispest and I heard that he finished the Book of Mormon and is still meeting with the missionaries but still doesn't really believe the Joseph Smith story. He has been having some surgeries lately I think so he could use some prayers for health physically as well as spiritually.
Demi is the funniest Chinese kid you'll ever meet and he joined the church not too long ago and is thinking of a mission but it is hard for him here because he doesn't speak English all that well and he struggles to come to church for the whole 3 hours. Even though we translate for him it is really boring for him. He's a little bit of a spaz so reading and praying every day are hard for him too. He is thinking about going on a mission though and that would be a big sacrifice because his parents back in China would not be too happy.
I could go on and on about all these people and plenty more but I don't have too much time so I will just finish by saying I feel so grateful to get to know so many different people. I get overwhelmed by all the needs they have and how much they are each going through in their individual lives. The good news is that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know them and can help them with everything even though I can only help them with a few things.
Demi is the funniest Chinese kid you'll ever meet and he joined the church not too long ago and is thinking of a mission but it is hard for him here because he doesn't speak English all that well and he struggles to come to church for the whole 3 hours. Even though we translate for him it is really boring for him. He's a little bit of a spaz so reading and praying every day are hard for him too. He is thinking about going on a mission though and that would be a big sacrifice because his parents back in China would not be too happy.
I could go on and on about all these people and plenty more but I don't have too much time so I will just finish by saying I feel so grateful to get to know so many different people. I get overwhelmed by all the needs they have and how much they are each going through in their individual lives. The good news is that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know them and can help them with everything even though I can only help them with a few things.
I hope you all are experiencing many blessings in your lives and that you all enjoyed General Conference. It is a privilege to be able to listen to the prophets and apostles of the Lord. I love you all so much and pray for you always.
Much Love,
Naegle nővér
No comments:
Post a Comment