Monday, September 29, 2014

Hermana Naegle: ´´Jesus Christ the Father and God the son´´

Let me explain the subject line, in church yesterday a cute little kid bore his testimony of ´´Jesucristo el Padre y Dios el Hijo´´, it was pretty funny :) 

I am very glad to say that this week was much better!
I'm going to start out talking about the Lepe de Dios family. a sad turn of events..... the mom didn't want to come up and listen she stayed outside to talk with the neighbors. We're working in an area that is super super catolica. There are two really big catholic churches in our teeny tiny area and about 90% of the people here are catholic. And when people start to listen to us the neighbors start to talk them out of it. Its really offensive for the catholic to have people leave their religion here. Because its SO traditional and its the ''essence'' of the families identity here. I've heard a lot of stories how people were disowned by their parents when they joined the church because their parents were so offended. 

We started teaching english this week. Tuesday we taught in the park and several people showed up.. mostly members.. Ok they were all members until about half way through a passerby decided to jump in and listen. Then saturday when we went to the church NO one showed up. So we went home, I think we'll stick to just teaching those tuesdays in the park until we get enough people. I was bummed because I really wanted to teach it in the church so that they would know HOW to get to the church and feel the Spirit. 

I talked to Sister Snow this week about our mission. for those of you who don't know Jalisco is a super hard state. And the church really suffers here. Its a little weird because the members of the same ward don't know each other so theres not a lot of inward support and it results in a lot of inactivity. They also have a hard time with ward activities. Let me just say i have a great testimony of ward activities! and magnifying callings such as Visiting teacher and Home teacher. They are so important because its through these callings that ward members get to know each other, learn to love each other and help and support one another. I am so grateful that my ward is so great! My home teachers always come, my mom's visiting teacher always visit her. Its so great to live in a place where people are  trying to live the gospel and help one another. These callings are so important. We all need friends but mostly we need good righteous friends who can support us and share messages of love. 
Anyways we talked about how we've had to change our perspective of our mission and our purpose here. how even though we haven't seen as much success as we thought we've been blessed in many other ways and that all things are in the Lord's hands and that He is pleased with our work and that we're doing something really good, and that we could be doing a lot worse than we are. Lets just say I LOVE MY MISSION! its hard, very hard, sometimes I feel so enclosed in my teeny tiny baby area and that I've talked to EVERYONE who lives here that I get a little bit down but I'm so happy to be here. I'm learning so much and I have met some amazing people! and seen and heard things that have changed my life perspective. I dreamed the other night that I finished my mission and was at home and I got so sad! I was happy to be with my family but I missed my mission SO MUCH that I woke up and was so relieved to still be in Mexico! 

Part of my sadness was that I really wanted to eat mexican food in my dream and I couldn't! I'm really going to miss the food here. here they eat every meal with tortillas or bread and everything is spicy! I love it! I'm not going to know how to eat when I get back. I have a hard time eating things without salsa.... also I now put catsup on my pizza... yes it sounds really gross but its super common here and its actually pretty good i recommend it. 


Well love you all!
Hermana Naegle


No comments:

Post a Comment