Monday, September 1, 2014

Naegle Nover: Debrecen

Hello everyone! This has been a very long week but a good one when it all comes down to it. My right arm is really sore right now because we spent a good part of the morning trying out whips and learning how to whip them. I guess all the missionaries who serve here buy whips because they're a really good souvenir. I didn't think it would be that cool but it is actually really fun to whip. I tried until I found the perfect one for me and it's got a real good "snap" to it. :)
Before today has just been a whirlwind. Transfers, of course, were on Wednesday and we already had three programs set up for that night. Then the next day we had nine! It was insane. We went, went, went! After that it was a little less but still extremely busy. I have never experienced anything like this on my mission before. Especially since my last two areas were brand new. I have been getting used to a much more slow-paced mission! Here we have so much work and it's amazing!! I feel like I don't even deserve it but I am so happy. I never thought I would get to teach a lot on my mission and now I get to many times a day. It's great. The people in this part of the country are a lot softer than in other places where I've served. The city is very pretty and what I've seen so far is really nice. A lot of people speak English because there is a university here. Apparently a lot of people come form other countries to go to school here, especially from Nigeria and China. So a lot of our programs are in English.
I feel like I am in the Bible Belt of Hungary because we have had several programs of late where people have been coming at us with the Bible and wanting to bash a little but of course we don't. It's hard when you have so many answers in your head and you just want to go off but there's no point. Everyone has to read the Book of Mormon for himself and pray for an answer to know if it is true or not. Without that, even the perfect answer to every question would be pointless.
We are teaching a wonderful man named Konrad who is originally from Germany but has lived here for 20 years or something. He wants to be baptized and last week he was able to quit smoking. It was a huge miracle he slipped up a few times but then one morning he called us up and said that he no longer craves cigarettes. It was a big sacrifice for him because the program we use includes throwing out any cigarettes, coffee, alcohol, etc. that you have in your home. He did it and it was really, really hard for him but it was worth it in the end.
There are so many cool people I have met in the last few days. My brain is on overload from all the different lessons and activities! I was worried that being in a trio would be really hard but it's actually been great. My companions (Sister Shnoor and Sister Sholly) are really, really nice and are both wonderful missionaries. I have already learned a lot from them both. I feel bad because the sister I replaced was such a great sister and I know that they miss her a lot but they have still been so kind and patient with me. I have a lot to learn but I have been really blessed. It's all a new big challenge and I love it. I hope all is well at home and that you are all keeping the faith! Love you lots,
Sister Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment