Monday, December 15, 2014

Naegle Nover: FAST....December 15th



This past week went by really fast. One of the cool things that happened was that we were trying to contact an inactive member that we meet with to tell her that we couldn't meet at the time we had planned because we had to travel into Budapest for a training. We rang the doorbell but no one answered. While we were fishing in our bags for some paper to leave a note, she walked up and was not only really friendly, but let us in and we had a lesson. It was really good! She and her daughter are coming to the branch Christmas party and I am really looking forward to it because I think it will help her come to church. Another less-active member named Laci has a non-member wife named Éva and a son named Dani. Sister Viernes started giving Dani piano lessons this week, and we asked Laci if we could start meeting with them after the piano lessons each week. He agreed and we hope the piano lessons will soften his wife's heart a little bit to help her be more open to the gospel. We went to English club again and had a great time. I spent a lot of time talking to a British man who is working on a solar-powered engine. It wsa cool. We are going to start meeting with the woman who started the English club. She is really cool and we are so excited. The English club people adore us and invited us to their New Year's Eve party. We'll have to see what happens because that day is actually another transfer. Wednesday was a crazy day because we had to squeeze a lot into a little bit of time. We were supposed to meet with Hilda, but she didn't come. I don't know why. When I talked to her on the phone she told me that she had read the Book of Mormon, and I think she still wants to meet just something happened. Erika, the mom with three kids, was home when we showed up and we were able to teach her and her kids part of the Plan of Salvation. I asked her why she was meeting with us and she said that she knew that if we met we would talk about God and if we didn't meet, maybe that would stay out of their lives. Translation: she felt the spirit four years ago when she met with missionaries and she misses it. She had all sorts of questions including why the Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac, and what our opinions were on whether or not children should see their parents argue. It was an interesting lesson and I hope it made a difference. I think it did because she said we could come back and we set a time for after Christmas since they are really busy. It is SO cool that we get to meet with them. SO COOL!!! We were so nervous about that lesson that we hiked out to where they live multiple times to make sure we knew how to get there. Her husband didn't end up getting home from work in time but that could actually be a blessing in disguise because maybe he wouldn't have wanted us to come back. We tried visiting the ubrella lady but she just had surgery on her eye so it wasn't a good time. We met with Érzsébet and Irénke and it was pretty good. Thursday we traveled to Budapest and slept over at the mission home with the two other sister companionships that have new missionaries. It was really fun because Sister Kovács is training too and so I got to see her. The next day was a training for the new sisters and some free hours for us. We went over to one of the big bridges and took a bunch of pictures, saw the Christmas market, and went to the Nagy Piac which is a multi-story market with tons of vendors that are really geared towards tourists. It was fun. I didn't get to go to the baptism in Debrecen after all because it was too late in the evening for us to get back in time. I was pretty bummed but we went to teach Enikő instead and that was really great. She prayed about a baptismal date but is getting the answer that she needs to strengthen herself first before she gets baptized. It is really hard with work because she provides for her family and she has to work on Sundays a lot. She is amazing though and I am so grateful and humbled that I get to teach her. Yesterday the Vierneses invited us over for lunch and language study and it was so fun. I am so grateful for the senior couples here. They are all amazing!!  After sudying we went out and tried to contact some people that live by them without any success and then we started introducing them to the neighbors. Their next door neighbors are the cutest family with one little duaghter and it was cool to meet them. Sister Viernes was able to give them a Book of Mormon and they accepted it really graciously. In other notes, we met a woman on the train that is a soldier in reconnaissance. She was cool and we gave her an English flyer for Pest since that's where she lives. We checked up on Aniko. She's good but we won't be able to meet with her until after the holdiays. As far as I know the baptism went well and Laci is doing well. Apparently he showed up to church in a suit and bore his testimony after he was confirmed and everyone just loves him. 
Well, I hope you are all having a great Christmas season! Don't forget what it's all about! JOHN 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment