Today we went to the store to buy what we generally eat in the week which turns out to be a lot of yogurt and beans...... not together of course because that would be gross. I got Word that another one of my investigators from my old área in Valdepeñas got baptized! I'm so happy! it was a miracle because her parents are really opposed to the church. Her older brother got baptized almost a year ago and he's been doing all he can to help her get baptized. We started teaching her a few weeks before I got transferred and she got baptized as fast as she could. Now they tell me that she goes out with the sisters all the time and is wanting to go to seminary and the temple.
This week Jenny couldn't come because she went with her mom, and Alexis didn't show :( We're going to have to talk with her again... ugh. She doesn't want us to stop visiting with her but she just doesn't come to church! so frustrating! And I don't want to baptized her if she's just gonna go inactive.
Angelica came to church (she's a less active member and a recent convert) she's doing better but we're still not sure if she's given up coffee completely.
WE found a new investigator. Actually she's an old investigator. She's been taught for a long time and knows a lot but apparently she has doubts about certain things; we'll see what happens. Also she smokes and I think its a lot. but we can't meet with her until after Christmas (her name is Lourdes Araceli) because she helps her mom sell Christmas trees all day.
Well I just love you all so much! I miss you but I'm happy being a missionary. Its truly a beautiful work and a privilege. Because if God wanted to He could do his missionary work without us but how nice of Him to let us help out and learn some things.
OH I ALMOST FORGOT! Elder Nelson came and spoke to us on Saturday! It was awesome. When he walked into the room you could just feel the Spirit walk in with him. He just turned 90 years old but he doesn't look it; he's rather spry. He spoke so lovingly and then he left us a beautiful apostolic blessing. I have such a testimony of his divine calling. How wonderful of the Lord to send us prophets and apostles in our days to bless us and to help us out. I love this church, how can it not be true?
Anyways have a marvelous week! Oh and family I will be calling you through skype on Christmas at 5:00 Mexico Guadalajara time I don't know what time it will be over where you guys are so you'll have to figure that out. :) love you!
Hermana Naegle
No comments:
Post a Comment