Monday, December 8, 2014

Hermana Naegle: Jenny came to church!!!!!!!!! So did Alexis!!!!!! miracle!!

This week was awesome! just so great! We laid down the law with Jenny and Alexis. We told Jenny that since she wasn't progressing we were pretty much going to stop visiting her and she came to church! also when we visited with her she showed us what she had read in teh book of mormon and what she had like and she had actually colored over it Little swirls and butterflies or something. It was awesome because she's trying to actually pay attention to what she's Reading.
Alexis loves that we visit with her, I think she feels like we really carea bout her because she's opened up a lot more but she just wasn't coming to church, so we told her that if she didn't come to church that week we were going to drop her. We told it A LOT nicer than that but very firmly and she CAME! so our prayers payed off! and instead of just the one progressing investigator we wanted God lovingly gave us two! also he gave us an awesome friday where we were able to meet ALL of our goals and even go up a few. Cool experience. Samuel Gutiérrez, a member, spent the whole day with us on friday and he had the idea to pray for something specific so we prayed that as we were walking towards the house of the Quezada family that we would meet a couple who we could set up an appointment with and pray with them. Well we went to the quezada house and they couldn't receive us and we sat down on a bench thingy (it wasn't really a bench I just am not sure how to describe it...)  and a couple walked by but we didn't see them until it was too late! so then I felt bad because I had promised in my head to God that I would contact every couple a saw and then I didn't even contact the first one ;( so we continued walking and another couple walked by and I just excitedly contacted them and they were kind of in a hurry but that didn't matter because we were trying to share the gospel with them, and we ended up praying with them and setting up an appointment and so we're going to see what happens and I'm really excited! because God answered our very specific prayer! And He even gave us a second chance!

I love this góspel. It is so true! we watched the restoration video the hour long one and I almost bawled at the end because of all the things that Joseph and those great pioneers did for us. They gave up EVERYTHING for us, literally everything. I am so grateful for what they have done and when I think about the people who come to know the truth and then give it up, or turn their backs on it because of silly excuses, when these men gave up everything they had to establish it, I just can't help but think how incredibly selfish of them. This góspel isn't about living easy lives or about getting rich quick, its about enduring to the End. Alot of people forget that that's one of the first five principles of the góspel. Do we not read  in 2 Nephi 31:19-21:

19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith‍ in him, relying‍ wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness‍ in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love‍ of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure‍ to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
 21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none‍ other way nor name‍ given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine‍ of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

We need to realize that our actions right now affect EVERYONE around us. Especially the people that we love most. If we give up this great góspel what example are we setting for our children? or our future children? do we not love them? don't we not want the best for them? then we must be willing to sacrifice the alright things for the better things. We gotta give up the telestial and terestial kingdom for the Celestial. Yeah the people who end up there will be haoppy sure but they will not expereice the fruit ´´which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure´´ (alma 32:42). I want you all to think right now what kind of fruit you want for your children and if you want to partake of it with them.
Those who have a knowledge of this góspel have a lot more responsability to stick to it than the people who don't know about it. The people who don't know about it are only transgressing, the people who do know it but choose to ignore it are sinning and thats alot worse because we won't be automaticaly saved from that throught the Atonement of Christ, we have to Repent. SO since I love you and because I'm a missionary and its may calling to call people to come unto Christ through Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End I'm going to call to ALL of  you who read this letter to repentance.
what part of the góspel are you ignoring? what commandmant are you not living? Tithing? Sabbath Day? Modesty? Honor you father and you Mother? Don't lie? Word of Wisdom? Law of Chasity?

I love you all, when I think about you each one of you I feel such a desire to help you! I want you to understand the sweetness that this góspel brings! I want you to feel what I feel! I want you to know what I know! I want you to live in the way that Christ taught us to becasue its only in that way that we can be happy. Are you happy? or is it just a pleasure that ends? is what your searching after going to last into the eternities? will it lift you up at the last day in happiness? or will you be shamed and embarrased to see the Lord. I guarantee you that it He will not be ashamed,  niether will the prophets who declared it to you, this is the time of our probation, this is the time that we have for repentance. this isn't a second chance góspel, we don't get another earth experience. Please live this one to the fulllest and BEST way! (if your not quite sure what that best way is I'll make it very clear THE GOSPEL!)

anywyas I could go on and on forever but I won't. just think about it, pray about it, even if you don't feel worthy to pray. Read the Book of Mormon and pray. Repentance isn't easy, it hurts, I know. but the joy that comes after is so beatufil (alma 36). So search after it. Please.

With much love! Hermana Naegle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment