This week was a good one. Tuesday I had to leave emailing early because we met with a lady whom Sister Cox had stopped on the street. She, to my surprise, actually showed up and we had a really great lesson with her. She really struggles with understanding why her sibling's life was taken and she even started crying and said she's never felt so much calm and peace as she did just being with us in our branch house. She said she doesn't feel that when she goes to other churches.
That night we met with a family where the dad is a recent convert but not active and the mom is a non-member. We taught them about the ten commandments and emphasized keeping the Sabbath day holy, and he said he would come to church but he didn't.
We had a great lesson with Enikő and she said that she knew the Book of Mormon was true and that she and her mom and brother are planning on being baptized but they are still thinking about the date. Something is holding her back but I am not sure what it is. It may actually be her family. She is ready but I don't know if they are quite yet. Then she didn't come to church so I am worried about her.
Aniko either wasn't there or didn't let us in when we showed up. It was sad.
On Wednesday I received my new companion Sister Nybo. I love her!! I LOVE training. It is really fun to show someone the ropes and watch them experience everything for the first time. She is great and we have a really fun time together.
When we went grocery shopping I saw sweet potatoes which I have never noticed here before so we shared a sweet potato on Thursday in honor of Thanksgiving.
Yesterday we went tracting in a 14-story apartment building. At one of the doors where Sister Nybo did the door approach, we found a guy who had actually found a Book of Mormon in his apartment and was willing to meet with us later this week to talk more about it and practice English. He seems really cool and I really hope he shows up. If not, I guess we know where he lives.
One of the members here is super cool and getting ready to go on a mission. Her name is Heni and I love her. She has helped me a ton. She just turned in her papers so we are all waiting with excitement to hear where she goes. She had us over for lunch and fed us paprikás krumpli, which is delicious.
Another member had us and the elders over for dinner and gave us a ton of food. I have never had so much food from members before in one week! She also gave us little gift bags. It was so generous and sweet of her.
Anyway, hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are having a great week. Thanks for all your prayers!! Love you!
Naegle nővér
No comments:
Post a Comment