Subject: It was a good one
Hello,Today was another transfer so we had p-day today instead of Monday. So it's been a very long week, but a good one. We had zone conference and I had a very good experience. As a companionship we decided to apply the insights we gained from conference and lo and behold, the next day was the best day I have had so far on my mission. We tracted into this lady named Rozsália, who wouldn't let us in at first but then when she realized that we the church of the "last days" she motioned for us to come in. She told us that she believes these are the last days. She said that she was going to take a nap, but something told her to get up and go to the doctor, so she got up and then we knocked on her door. She got teary-eyed when my companion prayed for her, loved the Book of Mormon, and, when she found out what time church was, she said that she would come instead of going to the piac. Then she went around with us trying to get her neighbors to let us in, but no one answered. Then that evening we had our first lesson with a woman from English class who I have wanted to teach forever! She is so nice and full of light already. Her name is Edit and she told us that she had been scared to come to class, but the first time she came Sis. Curtin said the opening prayer and thanked Heavenly Father for helping everyone come and she said that she felt something during the prayer and that it was for her. She said she had heard lots of weird things about Mormons but then she found out that this family blog she follows is actually a Mormon family and she couldn't believe how normal they were. She talked about how we are always smiling and she was willing to pray during the first lesson and she prayed that she wouldn't be lazy in reading the Book of Mormon. Wow, that's what I want all of my investigators to pray for! And when she came to English class that week she happily told us that she had read.On Sunday Laci came to church and we were so happy. That's twice in a row for him and it's a big deal because he doesn't really like church. Rozsália didn't come and we were bummed because she had been so cool, but then during the middle of the meeting lo and behold, she came in and walked up to where there was room on the front row. And she stayed the whole time. The members were really nice to her and I was so grateful for that.I keep having better and better experiences at church. I am less and less afraid to talk with them, and they are very nice to me. I think they don't like my boots because one of the older ladies came up to me and a little frantically kept asking me what my shoe-size was. Then she ushered me over to another older lady, who ushered me over to the coat closet area, and gave me a grocery bag with a pair of boots which, though used, are a lot dressier than the ones I usually wear. Surprisingly, I can get my feet in them and I might wear them next week to show my gratitude but they are super tight and they will hurt. But it did make me feel loved. I know for sure that I will be staying in kispest for several more weeks, if not months. I am really happy because I hope to be able to see Laci progress towards baptism, and Edit and Rozsália and some other people we have met. During the week it can feel like no one wants to talk to us when we do hours of finding with little results, and people set up to meet with us but never come. However, at the end of the week I can see that some really amazing things have happened, and I am so grateful to be here and be a part of this. I hope you all have a really great week. Thank you for your prayers. I love you a lot.Sister Naegle
No comments:
Post a Comment