This past week has been really awesome. I'm still loving serving with my new companion, and we had some really cool things happen to us.
Tuesday was a pretty hard day, kind of gloomy and I was just kind of tired of trying to talk to grumpy Hungarians who didn't want to hear what I had to say. But the day ended really well when we streeted this great lady with three kids. And I could actually understand what her kids were saying, which is new for me. Usually, kids are super hard for me to understand. Wednesday was great. Thursday we went back to meet with Tibor, whom I mentioned in my last email. He had said his mom would be there, but when we got there she wasn't and we had to stand in the hall for an awkward amount of time because it's against the rules to meet with a male alone in their home. We probably could have justified going in, but we didn't because we wanted to be obedient. Finally, his sister came home from school or something and the minute she walked in the door I had this feeling that we were there for her. We went upstairs into their apartment, and we still had to wait for the mom to come home because she apparently wanted to listen too. I thought maybe Anita (the sister) wouldn't stay and listen but when the mom came she did stay and she paid attention during the lesson. The lesson itself didn't turn out that well because the mom is really religious and wouldn't really let us talk so we were kind of disappointed. But right before we we left, Anita all of a sudden asked us about whether we thought drinking and partying was a sin and how we knew it was a sin. We had to leave, but we tried to tell her that we would bring a For the Strength of Youth pamphlet which is how we knew what guidelines to follow (from our prophet). The mom didn't really want us to talk to Anita so we wondered how we could get it to her. But the next day, we were out streeting, and we were talking about how cool it would be if we ran into Anita, even though the chances of that happening were super tiny, since we work in a huge city. My companion mentioned that she wasn't sure if we would recognize her, but I said that if we were supposed to recognize her, we would be able to. Not too long after that, I was looking down to avoid stepping in a puddle, when I heard my companion greet someone. I looked up and found myself staring straight at Anita! I couldn't believe it! We told her we'd bring the pamphlet by, and gave her our number. I tried to ask her for her number, but she wouldn!t give it to us. But the next morning we went to drop off the pamphlet, an English class flyer, a youth activities flyer and we were praying that she would be home so that the mom couldn't throw it away. Well, she wasn't home, but her dad was! Which might have been even better because we had never met him and he is not the same religion as the rest of the family so we think there's a good chance that he actually gave the envelope we handed him to her.
I learned this week that Heavenly Father is watching out for our investigators. If they are supposed to hear the gospel, and we are doing everything we can to be obedient and try to bring it to people, He makes things work out. We had some members that completely forgot to come to one of our lessons and it was very unlike them to do that but it ended up being better for our investigator to not have them there. It is really cool to be able to watch things like that happen. God knows what we need and He knows what they need and everything just works out when you are trying to be good.
Thanks for all your prayers and know that I pray for you every day.
Love,
Naegle nővér
No comments:
Post a Comment