> This week was short since we had a transfer, but it was a really great week. We have a lot of really cool new investigators that we have high hopes for. We made a goal to give away all of the materials that we have in our apartment before Sister Curtin leaves to go home, which includes giving away one copy of the Book of Mormon each day. I feel like the Lord has helped us do that. There were days where we only had a little bit of time to give one out and we would street people and have success. One time we were walking by an old lady who was waiting for a bus and her back was turned so normally I would have just walked by, but I felt a little tug telling me to go over to her so I did and started talking to her and then my companion was able to give her a Book of Mormon. She was really receptive and nice, and we've been able to find someone like that every day so far, which is kind of rare sometimes. Most of the time people will ignore us or shrug us off or not want to take anything, but these people were really, really happy to have a Book of Mormon. So I know that when we make goals and try our best, Heavenly Father wants to help us.
> On a different note, I have had a request to talk about the food I eat in Hungary. The truth is, if you want to eat similarly to an American diet here, you can. There is McDonald's and all that. But what I've eaten that was actually cooked by Hungarians is usually some sort of soup with meat in it. This past week I had a soup that was pretty much just boiled cabbage with some seasoning but they served it with some bread that was dipped in eggs and then cooked-exactly like French toast but not sweet. I loved it. Hungarians love bread and there are little bakeries everywhere. They are called pékség and they are very...tempting. There is a lot more nutella and hazelnut things here than in the U.S. A lot of the pékség has nutella in it. There are little chinese restaurants everywhere, which is something that surprised me when I came. I think the very first night I was in my area I had chinese food. They are all the same, I think. Just a little buffet where you pick out some things and then they put it on a plate, weigh it to get the price, microwave it right in front of you, and then serve it to you. the first half is delicious, and then the rest puts your daily sodium levels at about 6000%.
> Pizza is really common here, and it's good but it's different. The sauce is a little bitter (like yours Mom, no offence). And instead of pepporoni they use Hungarian sausage usually that is basically like pepporoni but again, more bitter-tasting. I guess they make burgers here out of pork rather than ground beef. I've had it and it was delicious. This past week the elders convinced us to try the chicken wagon. It was a little risky, but it turned out pretty well. We got some cheap roles from the pékség, rotisserie chicken from the wagon, and some fruit from a fruit-stand. It was a great lunch.
> As for what I eat every day, I usually have yoghurt and granola, oatmeal, eggs, salad, or burritos (I use tortillas that are made in Belgium) and this past week I made pancakes a lot. I had to buy baking powder in little packets and I had no idea which packets were baking pwdr so I just bought one of each. Luckily I chose the right one in the end. :) The Hungarian version of sour cream is really good and I actually like it way more than the American one. There is a dessert that is very Hungarian called türö rüdi (or something like that) and it's super good. You have to keep it refrigerated, so you eat it cold and it is like ricotta cheese with chocolate on the outside and sometimes filling in the middle. It's delicious. In general things are less sweet here, not salty when you want them to be, and too salty when you'd rather not have it be. :) But all in all, it's pretty good. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer.
> Things are good here in Hungary, I hope all is well with you. Take care and God Bless!
> Naegle nővér
No comments:
Post a Comment