I have learned a lot this past week. I am now with my third companion in the same area and I am realizing all the things I will need to be able to do in the near future. Something I didn't think about before I came on a mission was how many things a missionary has to be able to do besides just teach. We have to understand the transportation systems, how to find addresses, the culture and how to act in certain situations such as when there is a large sporting or political event going on, how to know if you are following all the right guidelines when it comes to working with members and less-active members. You have to balance your needs and wants with your companion's needs and wants and obviously the needs and wants of the people you work with as well. You have to keep track of time and stay on top of all your records and phone calls and groceries and things that go wrong with your apartment and laundry and so many things!! It's a whole life within a life!
My companion has been really great about challenging me to take a bigger part in all aspects of missionary work. Before, because I was in training, I sort of followed around a lot and tried to do my little part. But now I have to make phone calls all the time and make sure I know where we are, what we are doing, what we will do if our first plan doesn't work out, and I have to do my very best to know what is happening in programs so that I can write a record later. It's been harder, but also more rewarding. I am feeling more confident about my ability to get around, even though I am still not that great at the language, I can do a lot of things that I didn't think I could. I have had to make some changes, but I am excited about the future, and I am starting to be more comfortable with participating in lessons and leading out at times. A blog containing letters, updates, and information about the LDS missions of Katelyn and Ashlyn Naegle. Two sisters, two missions, 18 months.
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Naegle Nover: Easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment