Monday, April 14, 2014

Hermana Naegle: We had a baptism :)

Ok our family of Gold finally got baptised Saturday and Confirmed on Sunday! it was awesome! They were both crying and the Spirit was so strong! All three companerismos in our district baptised on Saturday there were 6 I think. Ours went first and then we were in the bathroom with Luz (our investigator) and mopping up all the water so I didn't get to see all of them. When they came to church they looked so good! Manuel bought a white shirt and the Elders donated a ton of ties to him. They looked like such a happy mormon family and you could almost see the Spirit!

Anyways thats my big news. We have a few new investigators. One is named Daniel. We taught him a spur of the moment lesson in the street (yes with a prayer and everything! I love praying in the street with people its really fun because of their reactions ) and we was super interested. We had an appointment with him but we didn't make for some reason - there's always random emergencies that come up. we stopped by his house yesterday and he's still super interested and we have another appointment with him on wednesday. 

We have a good ward but its not super strong. and we don't get lots of references. My goal is to get to know the members better because I feel pretty strongly that I'm going to be in charge here pretty soon and I still don't know alot of members. which is bad because this work DOES NOT function with out them. 

We get a lot of tourists in sacrament meeting and yesterday a family came in and the daughter got up and bore her testimony. It was her first sunday not being a missionary. She was super super nice. And wants to help us out while she's here on vacation with her family. They bought 8 copies of the Book of Mormon and wrote their testimonies in them and gave them to us to deliver to people who need them. She speaks really good spanish, apparently my face was in awe because Elder Gil kept making fun of me. 


anyways earlier this week not on saturday there was a baptism I think it was wednesday..... and an hour before the baptism the Elders asked if I could give the intermission talk. It freaked me out a little because I didn't have much time to plan anything and you know me I need to have everything in plans!  It turned out really good except... I said Juan el Bautismo which is to say John the baptism and not John the baptist. And then I couldn't remember the names of Peter James and John in spanish. It went something like this ''y Santiago....y....y.. Santiago....y....'' ''Pedro, Santiago y Juan.'' ''cómo?'' ''Pedro Santiago y Juan.'' '' Oh gracias... Pedro Santiago y Juan visitaron a José Smith......''   But I'm glad I did it because the next time will be less scary :) 

Our cracked tile got fixed on tuesday. the new tile is a different color than the old tile but now we aren't in danger of cutting our feet. And we had divisions or splits with our capacitadora on friday and we're having them again on tuesday. It was really good but the next one is going to be me and another American sister who has less time in the mission than I do and I'm in charge and its not even my area...... We'll see how that goes. :) 

Well love you all tons!
Hna. Naegle 


No comments:

Post a Comment