Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Naegle Nover: I get to stay.

After several days of worry I finally found out this morning that I get to stay here in Kispest for this transfer. I am very relieved because there aren't enough sisters in Hungary to maintain all of the cities that are open to sisters and so if I were to leave that would mean that Kispest was being closed and we would have to hope that our investigators would be able to make it through the transition. I am so excited to continue to work with these people. They are amazing.
Yesterday I got to have a really cool experience. L... invited us to eat lunch at his apartment and it was the first time I had been back since we had tracted into him during one of my first weeks here back in January. To be honest, as we walked into the building it brought back a lot of unpleasant memories. Those first weeks of tracting big scary apartment buildings in winter and when I didn't understand a thing anyone was saying were terrifying. But it was really awesome to think that I was back there just a few months later eating lunch and happily chatting with someone who has now read half of the Book of Mormon, prays daily, and attends church weekly. We talked about General Conference, which he attended all sessions of. It was a tender mercy for me to realize that even though those first weeks were so hard, it was all worth it because the Lord lead us to someone to teach. 
We watched General Conference in the ward building in Hungarian. I tried to go into it with a good attitude but as the broadcast went on, I just felt frustrated because I didn't feel like I was getting any answers to the questions I brought because I couldn't understand anything. But the next day I shared with my companion some of the things I had just written down as personal thoughts that had come to me while I was just writing down what I thought were random things I was thinking about during conference and a couple of them were things that they had said in conference and I had no idea. So in the end it turned out to be a really cool experience. 
I am really grateful to be on a mission. I am grateful to all of you for your prayers and support. There are some days where I wake up and I don't want to be here and then I feel like the prayers of my family and friends are carrying me through and by the end of the day I feel so happy to be on a mission. 
Take care and appreciate Conference in your own language. It is a miracle that so many people can hear it in their own language, but if you know English you are very blessed because you can hear their actual voices. 
I love you all and miss you. 
Naegle nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment