Monday, June 23, 2014

Hermana Naegle: explosion! (June 9)

So yesterday we had 7 investigators and 10 less active members. It has literally been an answer to my prayers. I have been praying that this area could progress, because its been in the gutter for over a year. And we had seven investigators at church! which is so incredible for this area! their names are the familia Sicairos (they're a part member family, 2 of them are our investigators), Rodolfo, Paolina, Juan Ramon, Arturo and Alexis.  Arturo and Alexis are nephews of our recent convert Manuel. They're baptisms are for the 12 of July but they could actually get baptised sooner because they have all their asistencias at the church they just need the lessons and that takes time.

Rodolfo brought his little son to church! it was so fun to see him there! he was late and only come the the last two hours but the members were so warm and welcoming and he left with a huge grin on his face! Eduardo didn't come, we really need to teach him. hopefully we can teach him with his family. Pray that these two continue keeping their commitments and that they can see the blessings from doing so!

Juan Ramon came, he told us that he has a job, I'm not sure how stable it is but its something! and I'm so happy! now he just needs glasses so that he can read the book of mormon.
Paolina is our new investigator! she's awesome! We contacted her in the street and we invited her to come to church and she told us that she had actually come the week before. We were stunned! she had come with one of her friends who is a member, only for sunday school but that counts! anyways we went to her house and we taught her the first lesson, and we invited her to church. Then we picked her up on saturday and brought her to church with us and she stayed for all of it! she has problems with her family so pray that we can teach her mom as well. We want to have a family home evening with her and her family and another family in the ward who told us they were ready to help us with her teachings and everything! super amazing!

The sicairos were investigators of the Elders but they live in our area and President Wagner has dropped the hammer on the all the zone leaders that the missionaries need to respect area boundaries. so all the investigators and recent converts that the Elders had in our area have fallen into our laps. Anyways I'm actually a little nervous to teach them because they have BIG questions. like deep doctrinal stuff that they don't teach you in sunday school. I think what we're going to do is try and show them that their real question is whether or not Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, because if he is then everything else is true. I'm nervous, I probably shouldn't be but I am! eek! The dad also works on sunday. and they've recieved all the lessons like a million times. We're going to start with lesson one, but in a different way...

OK well we had transfers today. I won't meet my new companion until around 5 or six. I have no idea when they get here and I have no way to contact them.I'm hoping the zone leaders know something. Right now I'm on splits with another american sister. She's super awesome! we're just patiently waiting to receive our new companions. I just hope they get here before seven because we have a lesson planned with a member and everything! so we can't miss it! 

Well we have anew investigator. She's progressing but she didn't come to church yesterday. her name is Lupita. She's really sweet. She's the sister in law of one of the members. She needs love. I think she's had a rather rough life. she has the cutest little baby girl her name is Claudia. We taught her lesson one, she's super receptive and wants to get baptised. She actually sought us out. 

Well I'm staying in Vallarta! And I have a lot of hope that this transfer will have a lot of success, most of the baptismal dates are for the 28th of June and the 12 of july! We'll see how everything goes. 

What I'm most nervous for is my ability to understand my investigators when they tell me their probablems. So when you pray for me pray that my ability to understand will increase so that I can communicate and teach more effectively 

love you all so much and sorry this was so long there's just so many people!
hna. Naegle





No comments:

Post a Comment