Monday, June 23, 2014

Naegle nover: Go to Romania (June 9)



So during the first part of the week during our tracting, people were very mean to us and didn't want to hear what we had to say. During the second part, the people were surprisingly nice to us but still didn't want to hear what we had to say. I remember in Kispest that it took an average of about 3 to five hours to find an investigator. And I thought that was terrible!! Hahaha :) I am definitely learning some things about perspective. There are good and bad things about every place, every companion. I might as well learn to enjoy Pápa while I'm here because when I leave I will probably miss the good things about it. We have a wonderful branch and the members really want to come to programs and help us teach. I feel SO bad because we just don't really have any programs right now that they could come to. I have hope that soon we will but in the meantime, it's so sad.
Funny story of the week: We were tracting and we rang the doorbell at this house that we had seen before and really liked because it was cheerful and yellow. But then a very cranky old man came out and I started talking to him and he started ranting at us, saying that we should speak Hungarian, that we should go somewhere else, and that in fact we should go to Romania instead (which isn't a nice thing to say here). I'm sure he said other rude things I didn't understand because my companion was really upset. And my feelings were hurt because I had been speaking Hungarian and it is the worst when you do your best and then someone tells you that they don't understand and you should speak Hungarian to them. But then as we walked away, I felt so bad for my companion that I wanted to see if I could make it funny somehow. (It's harder for her because she understands everything, and she can hear all the comments people make about us.) The more I thought about it, the more funny it actually became to me that the man had told us to go to Romania. How ridiculous!! We started laughing about how funny it would be if we actually did go right then to Romania and phoned the mission president about it saying someone had told us to go there so we did, and we hoped it wasn't a problem. I feel bad for that guy, because the house was for sale and maybe he was losing his house or having a hard time and these annoying girls bothered him while he was having a rough day. We went away with a funny story and the gospel and he was left upset and lonely. I wish I was such a good missionary that I could have done something more for him, but for now all I can do is keep knocking on doors and smile. We are so blessed to have the gospel. I am very grateful for my family and that my knowlege of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Every week we get to partake of the Sacrament and make a new start. We can overcome our weaknesses and pain with His help. What a beautiful message! I hope you have a wonderful week full of joy.
Naegle nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment