This week was interesting. We had a hard time getting lessons. We ended up with 28 lessons total this week a little bit of a bummer since we tried so hard to get to the 40! but it just felt like no one wanted to listen or no one was home. Anyways Sunday rolled around I was feeling kind of down like I wasn't really doing much missionary work. Well I flipped open my Libro de Mormon and started reading a verse. It took me a second to realize what it was saying but once I understood it I felt a beautiful feeling of peace. The scripture was Alma 17:11 which says And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.
It just felt like it was speaking directly to me.
After I read the scripture I looked around the congregation and to my great surprise a less active family had come to church! they haven't come to church since before I got here about 4 months ago. We teach them about once every week and we taught them on wednesday and I remember that I felt the SPirit really strong and I could see that the hermano felt it too and lo and behold they came to church! it was such a beautiful gift and made me feel so much better! We even had four investigators at church! and another less active member.
Well I don't have much time so I'm sorry this is so short but I love you all! and I took pictures but I'll have to send them next week! sorry.
I love you all!
Oh and grandpa I finally got your letter if you want to send the second half :) I'm super interested to read the rest of your story.
Mariah I hear that you make delicious donuts! you'll have to make some when I get back :)
Josh you leave in 17 weeks! thats so exciting! I would suggest reading up on your bible....
Love you all!
Hna. Naegle
No comments:
Post a Comment