Well lets see this week has had its ups and downs. I got my new companion (which is an up! she's awesome!) SInce I'm the one with the knowledge of the area I've had to plan who we visit when and what we teach while she's been trying to learn as fast as possible. she's a really good missionary and has really helped me out as much as she can. I was a bit nervous to find out that I would be staying but I feel like I can really do this now. Its been a hard week full of walking and a lot of rejections but its been a week of learning for me. the hardest part is that we had zero investigators and zero less active members at church especially because we had 7 investigators the last week and we really worked super hard to keep them.
We have a goal in our mission that every comaponionship has to teach 40 to 60 lessons every week. Its very different because the standard of excellence before was only 20 lessons and now they've doubled it and more. we were feeling a little bummed because we didn't feel like we had gotten in much teaching this week but when we calculated out all the numbers we found that we had 34 lessons! We didn't reach the goal just yet but we had a ton more than we thought. and we feel pretty confident that we can make it this next week! gotta love the little mercies that the Lord always places in your path!
We've also been working at getting more members to teach with us. this is the hardest part and the most important. Because we realñly need the help of the members in this work because there is a huge problem with members going inactive after their baptisms here but when they have friendships in the ward the generalñly stay active.
Well there isn't much to report on this week.... I'm staying in Vallarta for now, I'm happy, its tough but vale la pena!
I love you all so much!
Hermana Naegle
PS: and shout out to my brother Josh who's going to oklahoma for his mission and reports to the MTC on september 24th which is my little sisters birthday! Congratulations!
No comments:
Post a Comment