Monday, June 23, 2014

Naegle nover: This Week (June 16)



This week went a lot better than last week. We worked hard, and we got a let-in finally. It was a really old lady but she was super nice. When we prayed, my companion explained that we usually close our eyes and she was afraid! But we reassured her that there was nothing to be afraid of. It was kind of funny. She said we could come back since she is curious to know what happens after this life. Becuase she is so old, I think this is also funny. Right after we prayed, her son came home and asked basically, "what's going on?" and the old auntie just gestured to me and said, "American woman" which we thought was hilarious. He didn't believe her at first but then she told him "I'm serious! One is American and the other is Magyar!" Then we talked to him and he believed. The whole thing was funny and we were really grateful for the let-in. (And she gave us a referral too!) Right before she had come out of the house, we had jokingly sung, "Heavenly Father, are you really there?" And then she let us in. It was kind of like He was replying, "Yes, sillies!".
Another time, we had just a few minutes left before we were supposed to go home. We were at our gate and we almost went in early, but we decided to stay out. We ended up streeting a girl and I asked her if she would be interested in meeting with us and she said yes and gave us her phone number. When she said yes, I almost said, "Really?" But luckily I stopped myself in time. I tried calling her yesterday and I accidentally called another lady we had contacted on the street who had been ignoring our phone calls. During the whole conversation I thought it was the girl, and I was so confused as to why she was talking about her child because I thought she looked pretty young to have a child. But she actually set up with us, so maybe it was meant to be that I called the wrong person, because we probably wouldn't have tried again for a while otherwise.
So things are slowly but surely picking up. We are getting very tan and having a great time. I love my companion. We have a hard time sleeping sometimes because we just keep talking and laughing. It's pretty cool to just laugh and laugh about jokes we make in Hungarian. Never thought it would happen. 
I am so grateful for the gospel and I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. I prayed a lot that I would be able to learn Hungarian faster and then He sent me Sister Kovács. We prayed to be let in and we asked if He was there and someone let us in. We prayed for help to work harder and He helped us. We pray all the time to be happy and we laugh all day. 
If you want something righteous, pray for it! There's nothing to lose. I love you all and thank you for your prayers on my behalf. I feel them and they strengthen me like you would not believe. Take care and have a wonderful week.
Much Love, 
Naegle nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment