Monday, January 19, 2015

Hermana Naegle: Hello All! transfers! again......January 12th

So I spent a week in Moctezuma (grandma its like the equivalent to  South Jordan in the Salt Lake Valley.. Imagine that the whole valley is the city Guadalajara and that the tiny little city if south Jordan is Moctezuma)
And now they are sending me to San Blas in Santiago! Im going to die of heat.. its hotter there than in Vallarta. Hopeful because we are in January it won't be too hot but who knows I'll let you know next week when IU've spent some time there. Right now I'm waiting for my new companion to arrive hopefully she gets here soon because I'm really bored.

I gave my fist talk as a missionary on sunday. It was about how to find a testimony., It went really well. they asked me to speak for 15 minutes and I was afraid I only had like 8  minutes worth of material so I prayed really hard and I got up there and I kept talking and then all the sudden they told me my time was up and I had talked just a little bit too long hahahaha! so prayers are answered :) afterwards a lot of people told me that I have really good spanish so that made my day!

After church we went to visit a less active member and he was working! so I reprimanded him a little and very very very nicely. He said ''yeah...'' and looked sheepish then suddenly changed and went off the deep end and told me that I was a mormon fanatic and that we don't have to obey all the rules and that I shouldn't be so judgy and told me how so many bishops had given him permission and that they knew and other missionaries and a whole bunch of silly little ideas that he had. anyways I just gave him my really sad face and he stopped talking and later he felt bad and kept complimenting me on my talk (he did go to church that day so that was oo...) and then he asked me to make him a list of scriptures in the bible that talk about the book of mormon. I told him I would. But he won't get it for a while because I'll be very far away in San Blas . Literally I think President is sending me to the farthest area in the mission.

We also taught a gay deaf teenager...... That was probably one of the most interesting lessons of my life. It was cool. The good thing is that he's never had a boyfriend hopefully he sticks to that.


We also might have bible bashed just a little with a christian. But it was really cool and no one was offended so I don't feel too bad about it. But the kid just wouldn't understand like literally he was choosing not to understand and everything was so clear I don't I've ever explained anything so clear. Anyways we washed ourselves of his unbelief. It was about prophets he didn't believe that God would call prophets after Jesus Christ. So I showed him in Revelations the prophecy about the two prophets who will preach in Jerusalem then be killed and then rise the third day. And the We showed him Amos 3:7 and Ezekiel 37:15-17 and some others but he just would not let himself believe. A bit sad but he's really nice. He also believes that the Bible IS the gospel so we don't need another book I told him that the gospel is something that you live and that the Bible is just a guide to live it and the the book of mormon is yet another more complete guide but he still wouldn't and kept saying the same things over and over. So we left.

anyways I love you all! the gospel is true and I so happy that I know the importance of obedience I don't care if that makes me a mormon fanatic! I'm proud to be a mormon! whooo! blessings! yes!

Keep reading the scriptures and praying! the best way to get a testimony of the gospel is by LIVING the gospel and then EXPERIENCING the blessings!!!!!

Also read Alma 5 its really good.

Love you!
Hermana Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment