Monday, January 26, 2015

Hermana Naegle: San Blas 2!!! January 19th


Alright so I have now spent a week in my new area after president surprised us with special transfers (cambios especiales) and I LOVE it even thought its super hot! So Grandma Gleason this is for you: I'm not in the state of Jalisco. I'm now in the state of Narayit, it's more south. I'm in a tiny tiny tiny tiny town called San Blas its a little bit of a tourist attraction because we're pretty close to the beach. We're in a tiny little branch in a tiny little town where everyone knows everyone.
Everyone here its seafood. The other day a sister gave us some uncooked slimy clamish creatures to eat.... they weren't that bad if you didn't chew them but they looked like eyeballs. We've eaten a lot of ceviche de pescado.... ceviche is a type of salad that you eat with tostadas there are many different types what they give us here is made of fish. I really like ceviche in all its forms.
We have quite a few investigators here.  yesterday we had 10 in investigators come to church and 14 less active members. My companion says thats normal here. In total about 90 people showed up. We're set up to have baptisms next week and the week that follows. I'll send you pictures :)
We have a new investigator named Irma. She's amazing! She owns a little store on our street and the missionaries have talked to her before but she hasn't wanted to listen, but we decided to teach her and she's just gobbled it up. She's reading the book of mormon right now, she's in 1 Nephi 3 She said that she reread it all twice because she wants to make sure she understands it well. she's so cute because she wraps it up in a little bag so that it doesn't get dirty. She also loved the pamphlet about the restoration. We're working on getting her to come to church. she says that she wants a little more time before she comes. But I'm hoping that we can teach her in the chapel this week instead of in her store because we always get interrupted by customers. Keep her in your prayers.
The only bad thing about San Blas is that there are a lot of wild men and i've never gotten cat called at so much in my whole mission as I have here. But as long as they keep their distance then there's not really a problem.
My companion is Sister Bazan. She's really cool. She's from mexico but her mom is from Spain. She's really pretty.
Well I need to buy my last pair of shoes for the mission. The only ones I have are falling apart and there are holes in the bottom. I'm thinking about getting some cute little sturdy boots I saw the other day since there is so much dust.
Also if they don't send me somewhere else in these next transfers I'm pretty sure I'll end my mission here in tiny little San blas :) how weird. Maybe I just won't come home and stay here and become a fisherman and make ceviche de pescado todos los días. The sure thing is that I can't stay with sister Bazan because we only have 2 transfers left after this one because we go home the same day. So either they would leave us here together for 2 transfers and send one of us to spend only 6 weeks somewhere else which would be pointless. Or send one of us to another area this next transfer which would make a lot more sense. So we'll see what happens it'll be interesting.   Because we both can't leave the same day because the new missionaries wouldn't know anything about the area.
Well I love you all!
Sister Negli. (this is how I tell people to say my name spelling it like this).

No comments:

Post a Comment